! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

best ssd+ how big for os - Page 4/11

Subject: best ssd+ how big for os
« <> »
spartan2 17.11.14 - 11:37pm
It's hard to go back when the every day snappiness of an SSD is better and all the load times are sped up. Even in online scenarios you can gain advantages if you load into maps faster.

For example you can sometimes be killed in planetside 2 before you load in if your machine takes too long! You can sp*wn into a server first too which is nice. It's not going to revolutionise games though don't get me wrong.

The most difference will be everyday use by far. Little things like speedier game loading is secondary, streaming if the developers messed up their code. It happens. On the Fallout games you can walk through a door and only glimpse a loading screen for a split second whereas otherwise it might be 10 seconds. It's great. * +

norega 18.11.14 - 06:32am
I play both those games loaded from a 2tb western digital black and there is no diffrence in loading compared to the ssd and no stuttering from loading and im almost everytime one of the first in game on ps2 * +

spartan2 18.11.14 - 04:11pm
There is a noticeable difference between some games that used to installed on my RAID 0 and an SSD. I daresay a RAID 0 setup trounces any single 2GB mechanical drive so the gap would theoretically be even smaller as it is but I notice it. It's mainly the load times anyway.

It greatly depends on the game involved. I only used PS2 as an example because I know the entire map is reloaded. Streaming shouldn't be an issue but when games are so badly coded these days it is * +

norega 18.11.14 - 06:31pm
Even a massivly modded skyrim is no diffrent on a mechanical drive compared to ssd . * +

norega 18.11.14 - 06:33pm
What disc's you have in a raid array ? The newest wd blacks are very fast for mechanical drives . * +

spartan2 18.11.14 - 09:43pm

@ norega - 18.11.14 - 06:31pm
Even a massivly modded skyrim is no diffrent on a mechanical drive compared to ssd .

Skyrim isn't badly optimised. It doesn't affect framerate tests anyway really, more like microstutter or streaming stutter which is not always measurable in normal frame tests unless you specifically set out to test for it. * +

nobyboy 19.11.14 - 03:00am
i lost my windows 8 cd and struggled to reinstall, so took out my wd black mech drive and installed my new ssd then reinstalled windows 7 ultimate. never going back to windows 8 again * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index