! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Without a Battery. - Page 1/1

Subject: Without a Battery.
Replies: 6 Views: 1613

mopac 25.04.14 - 09:35pm
Hello awesome family. I was wondering, I love playing games a lot FIFA 14 to be precise on my gaming Laptop. I wanted to findout the effects of playing games with a power source connected without the battery. Is it ok to use it without the battery but just connected to a power source? Please advise. * +

spartan2 26.04.14 - 08:20am
Yes of course. The best place to game is on mains power anyway simply because a laptop battery alone usually can't supply enough power to run a gaming laptops processors at full speed without draining it so fast.

Just take the battery out and be careful not to yank the lead out before you save.... * +

meghertz 26.04.14 - 09:17am
it can be beneficial to remove the battery when it's fully charged if you're continuing to use the laptop on AC; once these batteries are charged they like the charging process to stop. very few people know this which is why laptop batteries are known for not holding a charge after you've had the laptop for some time. it's partly due to these batteries being rubbish but also due to their owners not looking after them. TL;DR: it's healthy for your laptop to remove the battery when using AC. * +

mok214 26.04.14 - 06:11pm
One thing that may help is to find out if you can play the game in power saver mode. Unfortunately, most games play poorly on power saver mode, you'll have to reduce a lot of the graphics settings. Portal 2 is the only relatively modern game I know of that also includes a Laptop Mode.
Power saver mode will also help your laptop keep cooler while playing a game. * +

mopac 27.04.14 - 12:51am
Thank you so much everyone for your help. I really appreciate it a lot. Stay blessed. * +

meghertz 4.05.14 - 08:42am
by extension to what Mok said; power save mode can be disabled in Power Options which you'll find in Control Panel... a lot of laptops go into this mode when unplugged from the mains so if you find you need to game with batteries alone, check that power save mode is disabled first as it will underclock the CPU and GPU to save power, which will gimp your games... be aware though that disabling power saving mode will drastically cut the time you'll get from a full charge. * +

acidized 4.05.14 - 11:27am
Power saver mode won't help much the dedicated GPU on gaming laptops draw much power. Power saver mode doesn't underclock my Laptop GPU as far I have seen, it just stops it from running at turbo frequency. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search