! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows xp.., operation failed! - Page 1/3

Subject: Windows xp.., operation failed!
Replies: 21 Views: 2511
> »
suvoincs 14.01.14 - 01:57pm
every time i startup my pc: it shows, alert!operation failed. what can i do? * +

mok214 14.01.14 - 02:02pm
I've never seen that one. It could be that you have some type of virus that deleted something important from the System 32 folder. If you have a repair disk, use it. * +

almhjoub 16.01.14 - 04:00am
u need new system * +

banbury 16.01.14 - 07:58pm
after april this year you would be best advised to upgrade and stop using xp when microsoft will cease security patches and overral support. Xp is the easiest to target and after april the situation will gradually get far worse. On the plus side windows 7 will happily run on most old equipment, but I wouldnt recommend running it on less than 1gb of ram. * +

banbury 16.01.14 - 08:06pm
if you are unable to obtain a suitable copy of windows 7 for whatever reason, you may eventually have no choice but to resort to linux which is free. * +

laris02 17.01.14 - 01:45pm
Install a new OS. Linux is advisable, ofcourse smile * +

banbury 17.01.14 - 06:55pm
microsoft have just announced that although xp support will still end in april they have decided to provide what they are calling signatures to protect users from malware for aprox 12 months after this years official end of support date. But they still insist overall support still ends april 8th this year. * +

banbury 17.01.14 - 07:02pm
however they have stated they will provide all required security patches if users are prepared to sign up for them with a subscription. In other words you will have to pay for the updates. While I do have some sympathy for those who genuinely cant afford to upgrade or pay for the updates, windows xp is now 13 years old and everything in life has its day after all. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search