! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Computers, Components and Character - Page 1/7

Subject: Computers, Components and Character
Replies: 46 Views: 4682
> »
a.m.d 1.05.13 - 04:02pm
I'm sure there are other people out there who share my view on this: IT has become incredibly bland since Intel released their Core iwhatever series and ATi merged with AMD. nVidia has lost their charm (who remembers the great GeForce 6x x x series, let alone the good old Ti4x x x cards). These days, there are more numbers than necessary and misbranding is common practice. On the CPU front, the same issues appear. * +

a.m.d 1.05.13 - 04:03pm
Look at Intel's CPUs and how they recklessly confuse the general public, or AMD's APU's and whatnot. I miss simpler times where you compared an Athlon to a Pentium 4 and a Radeon 9800 to a GeForce 5900. Any comments? Agreements? Disagreements? Arguments? lol * +

trollulz 1.05.13 - 04:04pm
.... * +

trollulz 1.05.13 - 04:07pm
So you can't compare parts? I'm sorry but what you said makes no sense. You can still compare an Intel i5 3570k to an AMD FX-8350. Or compare a nVidia GTX 680 to a ATi Radeon 7970 * +

trollulz 1.05.13 - 04:14pm
And who is confusing the public? Anyone can easily obtain information on parts and look up how they rank in terms of power use, clock speed, socket type and the like. You can't blame companies for customers ignorance. * +

a.m.d 1.05.13 - 04:24pm
You misunderstand my point. How old are you? Just look at the model numbers you posted. What exactly does that say to the less well informed public? Used to be you could tell someone what CPU you've got and they'd immediately know what it compares to, without having to Google the model number first. You used to be able to look at a CPU and tell from its model number what kind of performance to expect, even compared to the opposition. Not anymore. * +

trollulz 1.05.13 - 04:32pm
Eh, yeah....the market is larger now and there are more devices and device types so naturally there are going to be more parts. That's a non-argument. Now theres processors and graphics cards aimed at all segments, from mobile phones to tablets to netbooks to laptops to PC's. They can't all use the same technologies dude. By the way, I'm older than you. I have no idea why that is even remotely relevant... * +

newt182 1.05.13 - 04:32pm
You still can look at the model number and know what kind of performance to expect. At least you can with ATI and Nvidia GPU's and Intel CPU's.. I don't know about AMD, but they are cr*p anyway so who cares. lol * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search