! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Audio Driver - Page 1/2

Subject: Audio Driver
Replies: 12 Views: 2140
> »
profile 5.01.13 - 12:39pm
Hi all, I'm looking for a website where I can download an audio driver for Acer TravelMate 4060 running windows 7. I've had some encounter with the drivers I need but there are compatible with Windows XP. * +

cheddar5 14.01.13 - 03:37pm
can the travelmate 4060 even run win7, the acer site only list winxp 32bit drivers, not even vista * +

cheddar5 14.01.13 - 03:42pm
anyway, find out what audio chipset ur travelmate has, the exact one, then check for a acer laptop that has win7 drivers for the same chipset and try and install them, worked for me on desktop pc many times * +

curtlink 14.01.13 - 04:00pm
install win7 ...mk sure u hve atleast 2gig ram nd 100gig hdd or more then run windows update to find drivers automatically * +

nehagopa 17.01.13 - 08:45am
go yo intel site and download it * +

jay.mack 17.01.13 - 11:57am
there are no drivers for that make of lappy. acer dleiberatley withheld development of them forcing owners to abandon the lappy if they want windows 7. the reality is that lappy works best with windows xp and putting win 7 on it will not make it look or work better. in fact it could make it very unstable. things like dvd drives disapear on a regular basis and gfx drivers will crash randomly because you dont have a high precision event timer. * +

profile 19.01.13 - 03:40pm
Its working great on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. The best part is that I only had to upgrade ram. I use it for software development, and all my IDE work just as well, but from time to time I like to be able to play music from it while I code. * +

profile 19.01.13 - 03:42pm
Anyway, how do I find out what audio chipset my travelmate has? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum