! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

phone video to dvd - Page 1/3

Subject: phone video to dvd
Replies: 19 Views: 763
> »
bobdylan 12.12.12 - 08:03pm
So my ten year old Dell and complete lack of computer know how is proving my down fall. Iv loads of videos taken off My fone on my pc so thought stick em on a DVD . Buy a box of dvd-r's stick em in . Meh pc don't even recognise a blank dvd. Am guessing what I really need is a FREE down load app that converts and burns ..... Halp * +

alvar89 12.12.12 - 08:24pm
a 10 year old pc so you must have windows xp. using the inbuild windows burner open the dvd/cd blank disk found in my computer. then start copying your files onto the disk. holding ctrl key you can choose multiple files and choose what you want then copy and paste onto the disk. finally then click Write these files to the CD. Windows XP will now open up its CD Writing Wizard for burning the files to your CD. * +

alvar89 12.12.12 - 08:26pm
there are a bunch of apps on the net some free some payed versions that make it easier with alot more options. i remember using nero years ago dont know if its still awailable. * +

alvar89 12.12.12 - 08:30pm
you can try software like CDBurnerXP or BurnAwareFree and see if you like it. * +

newt182 12.12.12 - 08:50pm
It doesn't recognise a blank disk because the firmware on the drive is so old. Download WIN INQUIRY form here: http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/firmware/fwvercheck/fwvercheck.asp (it doesn't matter that it is from the Samsung site) and run it. Then post here EXACTLY what it says. * +

newt182 12.12.12 - 08:51pm
No offence to Alvar, but you can ignore everything he said as the disks aren't even recognised. * +

newt182 12.12.12 - 08:52pm
If there isn't any newer firmware available then you are stuck and would probably be best off buying a new drive, internal or external. * +

newt182 12.12.12 - 08:54pm
http://www.firmwarehq.com/index.php * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum