! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Blue Screen Of Death - Deep Freeze - Page 1/1

Subject: Blue Screen Of Death - Deep Freeze
Replies: 7 Views: 2564

p0psicle 28.11.12 - 07:35pm
Deep Freeze. Yes, i think it crashed my pc. Each time i try to boot, i get the same blue screen. I can't even get into safe mode (during driver load, it stops at deepfrz.sys then displays the blue screen). Here's what it says:...... *** STOP: 0X0000007E (some more random code)...... *** DeepFrz.sys - Address (more code) base at (code), DateStamp 45eeff5f * +

p0psicle 28.11.12 - 07:42pm
I dont know what got into me when i installed deep freeze about a year ago. I never needed it. I was just curious when i saw it on a friend's hdd. It wouldn't even let me uninstall. So i just let it be....... until yesterday, this. * +

edit.or 28.11.12 - 08:06pm
i'd reinstall the operating system clean. unless you have some important data on. then you could i guess, boot from a live cd and delete the deep freeze sys file and related. that should, theoreticaly, leave the registry pointing to a missing sys file and possibly allow normal boot. i vote for live cd approach, its much easier and it cant possibly give u more problems then u already got.. * +

p0psicle 28.11.12 - 08:43pm
Yes i've got about 300Gb of data on it that i can't afford to lose, so re-installing is not an option right now. From what i've read on the internet, deleting the file via a live cd doesnt work... I tried it anyways and i still got the blue screen with the same error code but without the Deepfrz part (driver load stopped at disk.sys)... If only i could get into the registry. * +

edit.or 28.11.12 - 10:29pm
well, here is what comes in mind. maybe deep freeze modified your disk.sys file so you could restore original from install disk if possible, or with a trusted online copy. i don't know how well would that work if other system changes are made. a bottom line solution worth mentioning, you can buy a solid state drive and install o/s on it, then use the hdd you ve got normaly as a data hdd. this would allow reinstallations in future without affecting your data and also, * +

edit.or 28.11.12 - 10:39pm
somewhat speed up your system.. if all else fails, i think its nice to have this option at hand. * +

edit.or 28.11.12 - 11:07pm
and you can try some of this: 911cd.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t24370.html * +

thatgjrl 29.11.12 - 04:09am
it represents your name actually *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search