! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

pc freeze - Page 1/2

Subject: pc freeze
Replies: 12 Views: 681
> »
robzomb2 3.09.12 - 09:21pm
hi there guys, i have a slight problem. whenever i play games online my computer freezes in such a way i have to do a hard reset. It occurs after a few minutes say about 15min. what do u think might the problem be and how could i fix it? * +

kizzleme 3.09.12 - 11:14pm
graphics card possibly struggling, entry level computers aint really designed for gaming i would say get an xbox * +

jordy69 4.09.12 - 02:46am
Forget what he said . You need give more details about your pc and what game you play . So ppl can help you here . * +

adeeb222 4.09.12 - 03:15am
same as above tell the specs and the game and if you can the driver version * +

fluidz 4.09.12 - 08:04am
Hi Rob, heres a procedure is follow if I meet such a scenario. Download prime95, LinX, coretemp, gpu z and ati tool. All are monitoring applications. First of all, run coretemp and note the cpu temp at idle, keep it open and in view at all times now run prime95, run the blend test for 12 hours to see if the computer stalls. If it does, note the temp that the cpu was at when it crashed. If it doesn't continue to run LinX next. Open LinX, select all memory and set to run the test 20 times, again keep monitoring the temp and log if it freezes. * +

fluidz 4.09.12 - 08:08am
Next up, open gpu-z which will show you the gpu temperature. Run ati tool and check for artifacts (yellow marks, lines, abnormalities), keep gpu-z open, monitor the gpu temperature, if the pc freezes, again write down the temperature it froze on. If you see yellow artifacts, stop ati tool and report here. * +

fluidz 4.09.12 - 08:14am
Also we need to know your cpu, what speed it is set at, same for your graphics card. Also are you overclocking? What power supply have you got? I.e corsair 600w. And how long has your pc been doing this, was there any changes to hardware, new programs installed, or drivers updated? All this information is important, it only helps people build a picture of what may be happening. * +

robzomb2 4.09.12 - 11:45am
I play battlefield 2 and cod4 online with my pc. Intel core2 duo e8500 @ 3.16GHz with 4gig DDR3 ram. ATI 7870HD 2Gb. Running windows 7 64bit * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search