! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Monitor goes off - Page 1/2

Subject: Monitor goes off
Replies: 13 Views: 790
> »
cubase 8.06.12 - 09:40am
Monitor goes off after about ten mins and restart button or power button don't work, have to take power cable out of pc n reconnectto turn back on.. Any ideas anyone ? * +

saif7 8.06.12 - 09:55am
The first thing to rule out is overheating (CPU, motherboard, hard drive or power supply) then I would check for bad memory (if you have two modules - swap them out for testing) then I would test with another power supply only after I have checked ALL of these would I think it was the Motherboard. Good Luck * +

dmboot 8.06.12 - 12:58pm
pmpl what has any of that got to do with a monitor, thats like saying my tv dont work so i'll take my DVD player apart * +

kazannts 8.06.12 - 01:36pm
as the pw put, the monitor comes back on when the pc is turned back on. that makes it sound like a pc problem, not a monitor problem. * +

dmboot 8.06.12 - 02:09pm
the only thing that could cause it is the video/ graphics card, or the power supply unit, not the ram or motherboard highly unlikely, it sounds like a failure within the monitor, where the best bet would be to try the monitor on another pc and see if it still happens * +

dmboot 8.06.12 - 02:12pm
how on earth can a hard drive stop a monitor working * +

dmboot 8.06.12 - 02:13pm
right go through his list, remove hard drive and all ram from you pc and i bet my nuts your monitor will still work * +

mackxx 8.06.12 - 05:19pm
unless of course it's on board graphics @boot * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum