! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

problem with pc boot up - Page 1/2

Subject: problem with pc boot up
Replies: 8 Views: 348
> »
veerz 9.04.12 - 06:05pm
Please can you guys help. My pc a very basic one when I boot it up sometimes the keyboard and screen doesn't boot up. I'm Not sure what's the problem, then I hardboot by holding the power button down sometimes after about 3 - 4 tries it does boot up. Its about 2 years old. Running windows 7 home premium, up to date with bit defender up to date internet security as well. All genuine software. When this problem occurs no lights come on on the keyboard and the screen doesn't even show boot up, * +

mok214 9.04.12 - 06:57pm
It could be a lot of different things including a power switch going bad. I would suggest dropping it off at a repair shop if you are not familiar with building computers. * +

newt182 9.04.12 - 07:06pm
When exactly during the booting process does this happen? Do you see anything on the screen at all (the POST screen), or does nothing show up? And is the keyboard not working at all, at all times after pressing the power on switch? You can see if it is responding by pressing the Caps, Num or Scroll Lock and look at the light on the keyboard. * +

newt182 9.04.12 - 07:08pm
I guess the last part of you reply answers my questions. * +

newt182 9.04.12 - 07:11pm
I would try changing the RAM and then see if the problem still persisted. Maybe even take the HDD out and try booting from a live CD. There's not much you can do, unless you open it up and take a look around for anything you can see that might be faulty. * +

newt182 9.04.12 - 07:14pm
You could also contact the manufacturer and ask them if there is any warranty left on it and if not how much they would charge to fix it. Here in the UK warranty is usually 1 year, but there is some law (that I can't remember the name of) that suggests things sold should be fit for purpose for more than just a year. * +

veerz 9.04.12 - 08:05pm
na no warranty built up a 2.2 GHZ dual core with 2gig ddr2 ram, 2 x 500 gig HDD, Lga 775 motherboard, 256mb Nvida graphics card. 350watt psu. I'm thinking maybe the psu or board cause it doesn't even power up the screen or keyboard * +

kazannts 9.04.12 - 08:13pm
sounds likely to be the psu. im guess you use every usb port, possibly an unpowered usb hub and the monitor is powered by the psu and not its own supply? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search