! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 8 On A Dell Inspiron Duo - Page 1/7

Subject: Windows 8 On A Dell Inspiron Duo
Replies: 49 Views: 5278
> »
vamez86 4.03.12 - 05:30pm
This OS is awesome. I have a Dell Inspiron Duo netbook that can turn into a tablet. Windows 7 on it was a nightmare, now with Windows 8, this baby is screaming fast. For the first time I actually enjoyed using the touchscreen grin * +

play.con 4.03.12 - 10:07pm
liar * +

play.con 5.03.12 - 01:59am
Ok, so I've installed Windows 8 on an old laptop... I don't like it. The apps interface is fine for a tablet, but when using a laptop it's just annoying. Why remove 'proper' start from bottom left? I don't want to select the app interface and then choose windows explorer. The other annoying thing is having to sign in to the computer with a Windows Live profile. The point of this is so everything's integrated? Great, but... * +

play.con 5.03.12 - 02:03am
... I've signed in using my Live profile that I've had for years, but it's different to my Xbox profile. When trying to use Xbox Connect it then tells me to log off from the computer and sign in with my Xbox profile instead of my main profile. It's stupid that I cant sign into apps separately FFS. If I sign in using the Xbox profile I won't have access to messenger, sky drive or anything else that's linked to my profile. * +

play.con 5.03.12 - 02:06am
I just don't think the two UIs fit well together.... I like a roast dinner and I like cheesecake. I don't want them on the same plate housewife * +

play.con 5.03.12 - 02:10am
I've pinned windows explorer to the task bar lol still annoyed though, it's an ugly icon. * +

guillium 5.03.12 - 02:18am
You know why? Cos Microsoft are so dominant they can fk Windows up and ppl will STILL buy it, or have it forced on em with a new machine. And ppl wonder why I've been a staunch Microsoft hater since I was student? lol * +

guillium 5.03.12 - 02:23am
Then again Apple could stick their logo on a lump of dogs**t, call it the iTurd, slap a 600 quid price sticker on it and hundreds would still camp outside shops for a week to be amongst the first to buy one. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search