! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Missing file - Page 1/1

Subject: Missing file
Replies: 7 Views: 445

milan1 16.10.11 - 04:09pm
I put my pc on and this message appeared 'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.Now I've got the three disc that came with the pc when I press 'r' it goes into recovery mode wants to install the operating system again.Now I've got loads of music,videos,etc that I don't want to lose.A * +

milan1 16.10.11 - 04:11pm
Any help would be very helpfull if I don't get back to you today ,it'll be tomorrow. * +

metulj 16.10.11 - 04:15pm
it wont install again from recovery console eventhough it''l look so, it'll try to fix it... so just leave itidea * +

jupiter2 16.10.11 - 05:41pm
And if your musics, videos etc are in other partitions then dont worry coz even a fresh install of windows will not tamper other partitions.... It will format the C: drive only..... * +

grinlok 16.10.11 - 11:32pm
SFC /scannow * +

miirfan 17.10.11 - 12:20am
And if it is in c:/drive den also it can b recovered using Acronis True Image(bootable disc) * +

mok214 17.10.11 - 01:11am
If you have a pc or laptop with windows xp installed , you can copy that file from the good pc to disk . Then insert it when the faulty one ask for it . But be aware , this missing file is usually due to that pc being infected with a virus . * +

grinlok 17.10.11 - 01:36am
Run a chkdsk /r option from the recovery console first. Then a fix boot. Appoligies for not reading your post completely *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search