! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

How to dual instal windows 7 linux - Page 1/4

Subject: How to dual instal windows 7 linux
Replies: 22 Views: 1939
> »
julia.x 17.08.11 - 01:47pm
Hi guys. I have a laptop with Mandriva installed. I know nothing about linux, I just learnt to use it somehow. I bought Windows 7 licence and want to install it but have no clue how. I wanted to keep both Mandriva and WIndows 7. But from what I have read this is complicated. What would be easier, to uninstal Linux, instal Windows 7 and then instal Linux again? Or to instal Windows 7 without unins * +

julia.x 17.08.11 - 01:48pm
without uninstalling Linux? I actualy hate Linux because it is not user friendly and I can't use the blood terminal, but I got used to some of the programs. I need Windows too though because some hardware simply does not work with Linux. I tryed everything so it just doesn't. * +

julia.x 17.08.11 - 01:50pm
I tryed searching for simple guides but what I found I don't understand or there are guides for XP and not Windows 7 for example. So if you can help with a good guide... * +

phemzask 17.08.11 - 02:19pm
partion n instal win7 on the new drive .. * +

edit.or 17.08.11 - 02:29pm
uninstall linux and install win7 then look for some alternatives to the programs you like in linux.i can recommend you a lot of good software,just ask.gimp is also avalible in windows say,also there is mplayer for windows as well,open office,xnview instead of gwenview etc. if you ever wanna give linux a try,you can easily test it again.concidering that you are not a terminal type of person * +

edit.or 17.08.11 - 02:35pm
i assume you wanna use your machine for the usual stuff like watch movies,listen music,play games maybe,browse the web and customize your system and that you certainly aren t a programmer,so its better to stick with windows if you ask me. * +

linhate 17.08.11 - 02:49pm
Hi, i am happy that you hate linux, spread hate for mankind. i think you shol remove windows 7. or install win7, reinstall grub. * +

julia.x 17.08.11 - 04:45pm
what is grub? I don't have win7 installed yet. so how do I get linux off then? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search