! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

pc rebuild help - Page 1/2

Subject: pc rebuild help
Replies: 13 Views: 460
> »
pikkie42 8.08.11 - 01:38pm
ok,call me a numpty,bt at least im trying lol. Im rebulilding a ABIT IC7 or at least trying to,everything is in place bt everytime i connect the screen it says no signal or cable disconnected? i have tried different screens and screen cards,bt no joy? Also on the motherboard itself there is another power slot,not the main one,bt jst with four pr*ngs? what does this drive? thanx * +

pikkie42 8.08.11 - 02:17pm
mmm 42 no replies? :-o no techies in today? ;-) * +

jay.mack 8.08.11 - 02:54pm
the 4 pin if its a squate with a pin in each corenr is an atx plug used to give the cpu specificaly enough power. you need to connect it... if its a 4 pin in a single line rectangle its called a molex and that is to give the gfx card extra power if the gfx card is missing its power connector... it should only be used if you have stability issues where the motherboard doesnt have enough current * +

jay.mack 8.08.11 - 02:55pm
square* oops * +

jay.mack 8.08.11 - 02:56pm
if the atx plug is not connected the pc wont turn on in most cases... * +

pikkie42 8.08.11 - 03:34pm
thanx jay :-D the board is marked atx there so tht must be it :-) question though...the atx plug has 2 square and 2 round plugs tht are supposed to line up with the holes on the board,bt they dont?? wrong power supply? and wht abt the screen issue? thanx again :-) * +

jay.mack 8.08.11 - 06:05pm
if your thinking the 4 pin on the 20+4 then thats not rite. the atx lead is seperate from the main power lead. the extra 4 would normaly fit in the main plug.. as some have 24 pins while others have 20. but the atx is as i said always seperate. also the atx lead only fits 1 way thats why some of the male ends are circular and some square. to make sure you plug it in correctly... * +

jay.mack 8.08.11 - 06:06pm
make sure you have the rite end connected to the psu and the rite end for the motherboard. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search