! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

simple help plz - Page 1/2

Subject: simple help plz
Replies: 9 Views: 341
> »
rafeeq02 23.07.11 - 12:19pm
genious guys..please help me out i have 20 thousand lines in the text format and i have to edit every line in the bracket (line) linke this ...is there any fast way to.edit like replace .....thanks * +

rafeeq02 23.07.11 - 12:23pm
please give me any shortcut idea to edit all the line ..in any programme likeb...wordpad,,notepad++,, word, exel,, any where..that can b possible ...please..thanks * +

edit.or 23.07.11 - 12:37pm
try notepad++,it has many many powerfull options to edit text,like replace all. * +

rafeeq02 23.07.11 - 08:34pm
thanks editor...yes i m using ...notepad++ and i got tje way to ...replace ...start line with ( ..but unable to replacebthe line end ...method...plz ..suggetions..needed to repace the line end ... * +

edit.or 23.07.11 - 09:50pm
i'm not sure i understand what you're trying to do. but if you're trying to replace the enter key - new line/end line,there is an easy way to do that.make a text selection from the end of first scentence to the beginning of new line. you should have the newline character selected now. go to textFX menu entry and select textFX quick,then in submenu find/replace. the program will automaticaly paste * +

edit.or 23.07.11 - 09:54pm
paste your newline into the first box representing the text to be replaced. normaly,it is not possible to put a newline in this box. leave the box below empty if all you wanna do is get rid of the newlines. this will remove all newlines in your document. if this isn't the result you need,undo the action with CTRL+Z or using the undo menu item in menu edit. * +

edit.or 23.07.11 - 09:57pm
if newline is not what you wanna replace,you can use this procedure to replace anything in the document. if you wanna replace for example all question marks in the text with nothing,you will select one question mark,open the quick textFX find/replace,click find and the replace rest. if you wanna replace it with another character,before clicking find,input that character in the lower box. like for * +

edit.or 23.07.11 - 10:00pm
like for example exclamation mark. then all the question marks in the document should become exclamation marks. this way,textFX can be used to replace or delete anything in text multiple times. i'm using notepad 4.9.2 so if you can't find some of the things i mentioned,try downloading this version or look where it may be in yours. some features could have been removed in later versions so if * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search