! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

advice please - Page 1/3

Subject: advice please
Replies: 18 Views: 661
> »
say.what 9.02.11 - 05:35pm
hi I need to do a system restore to my laptop, only problem is I can't find my ms office disc anywhere, my sister has a disc that she used on her pc, but pc is broken so says I can use her disc, is this going to work with the registration key? I'm not sure how it all works?? thanks in advance * +

newt182 9.02.11 - 06:28pm
Can you start your PC, even in safe mode? If so use this to find your office key http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ I'm not 100 percent sure about your question but I would guess if your sisters copy is a retail disk and key it will work fine. * +

c.k. 9.02.11 - 06:35pm
Use it and then call Microsoft customer care, tell them that your pc is broke so now you want to activate that copy on new pc. The guy on the other end can do that for you, but only if you convince him. * +

say.what 9.02.11 - 09:02pm
yeah my laptop works fine apart from I can't access my works website, have tried a few things but nothing seems to fix it, so have been advised to do a system restore.. its hassle but I need to use the website, it was working fine but then just stopped. * +

say.what 9.02.11 - 09:22pm
I have ms office installed on my laptop, but I don't have the disc, however my sister can not turn her pc on at all, but she has a disc.. everything is retail * +

profsr 10.02.11 - 12:41am
If u do system restore, ur system will be returned to EXACTLY how it was at d restore point u chose. Ur installed programs and their settings (either activated, given some priviledges e.t.b ), with all system settings will b returned to how they were at the restore point u use. * +

profsr 10.02.11 - 12:47am
However, all ur saved files(e.g downloaded files, saved web pages, word documents e.t.b ) will remain intact i.e as they were now. So the choice is urs, u can go for system restore if u havent installed another program that u you can't afford to lose after the RESTORE POINT u wish to chose. * +

the.rain 10.02.11 - 01:33am
if the probem is only with office, there is no nead for a restore, just insert your sisters disk, the instalation shoud ask if you want to do a repair of office (no key needed for this as key in registery already) but will only work if its the same version of office, besides that, ive move my office programs from on pc to another many times and never had a problem * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search