! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Wtf stupid noise - Page 1/3

Subject: Wtf stupid noise
Replies: 20 Views: 554
> »
gr8guy78 23.11.10 - 03:50am
My pc had started making this funny noise over past few days, its hard to explain but its a sort of whirring noise which i assumed must be the hard drive. Its not all the time, just every now and again. It will start and maybe last a few minutes and then stop again. Tonight i put my computer on standby so i could get some sleep but this noise kept happening. * +

gr8guy78 23.11.10 - 03:54am
So i turned the pc off (through windows) but it still keeps making this noise. Ok so i turned it off at the mains and guess what, the noise is still happening, what on earth can it be, i cant take the computer apart now. Its been 5 min since pc has been turned off, i am assuming there is still enough electricity inside for it to be doing what its doing, i really wanna get some sleep. * +

gr8guy78 23.11.10 - 03:58am
While writing that previous message the noise seems to have stopped. Thats ten minutes since i turned it off at the mains. * +

jay.mack 23.11.10 - 04:09am
turn the pc off at the wall. now turn it on without turning the wall socket on. this should empty the residual current from the psu and the noise should stop. * +

jay.mack 23.11.10 - 04:10am
if it does it could be the caps whining. * +

pryerlee 23.11.10 - 11:10am
check the fan? i may need cleaning * +

gr8guy78 23.11.10 - 12:11pm
Tried that and still does it, what ya mean caps? Will have to take it apart later and take a look. * +

aleksdks 23.11.10 - 12:32pm
Do you have any ups connected on your pc? Probably that is gonna be. Just have a look. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search