! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Txtsetup file error - Page 1/1

Subject: Txtsetup file error
Replies: 7 Views: 563

mulikwa 13.10.10 - 10:04am
I've being trying 2 install xp but its giving me an error (txtsetup file is corrupt, setup will stop) what cn i do 2 stop this. Its original oem dell disc, how can it be? I ve used it b4. * +

marson 13.10.10 - 03:48pm
That means you have a pirate version of windows made by an amature that was somehow corrupted on download or burning . Or were you trying to install from a disk image ? nerd * +

mulikwa 13.10.10 - 04:18pm
No its original dell sp2 disk, bought together with the machine. * +

marson 13.10.10 - 05:03pm
Must be a deep scratch then . sorry . shy * +

marson 13.10.10 - 09:37pm
How old is that install disk ? I remember reading an article that a cd will start to degrade after five years and cannot be read after ten years . Thousands of songs at the U.S. Library of Congress have been lost forever . crying * +

acid2004 13.10.10 - 09:54pm
Well ive never heard of that, I have cds for about 15years or more that still read today. Depends how you store them and look after them. Try cleaning the disk, could just be a bit of dust on it * +

marson 13.10.10 - 11:35pm
The article is a recent one . you could probably find it on google . The reporter probably changed the numbers though . it is probably more like 10 and 20 years . and it probably depends on the quality of the discs . Our government is famous for always using the lowest bidder for stuff like that . Thats why I never trusted my flak jacket and helmet when I was in the army . megaman * +

sonicbom 14.10.10 - 04:10am
Yup it s the cd with error. It MAY be caused by scratches on it *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search