! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

CPU Life time - Page 1/2

Subject: CPU Life time
Replies: 12 Views: 625
> »
shockwap 4.06.10 - 08:50am
What drastically reduces CPU life span, is it temperature or clock speed? How overclocking a CPU affects other Chipsets? * +

jay.mack 4.06.10 - 09:21am
overclocking and high tems shorten the life of a cpu. * +

jay.mack 4.06.10 - 09:23am
over volting is 1 of the main reasons for high temps this can affect other coponents on the motherboard as you often need to up ther volts to, and high volts normaly means high temps. * +

shockwap 4.06.10 - 10:05am
I've overclocked this CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6Ghz to 3.2Ghz with an idle temp of 25* to 32* . The highest temp I've reached is 45*. The voltages are set to normal and I haven't noticed any problems. What are the other components of the motherboard should I worry about in temps of overheating? * +

shockwap 4.06.10 - 10:10am
What are the other components on the motherboard should I worry about in terms of overheating? Is my CPU safe with this temps? I'm happy with my system performance but how safe is all this? * +

sonicbom 4.06.10 - 10:37am
Highest 45 I cant believe it 8) * +

jay.mack 4.06.10 - 11:19am
if you have not got any stability issues and you havent cranked the volts on the north bridge then it should be fine. but spartans yer man if you wanna query core 2 overclocking. * +

shockwap 4.06.10 - 12:25pm
This is not a mistake, I'm not using a stock cooler. I have a huge CPU fan, turbo thermal paste. I noticed the stability problems when reached 3.6Ghz with the idle temp of 47* Right now I think I'm fine cause the air from the CPU Cooler blows down to the Northbridge. I could put it even on 3.4Ghz but well in order to stay away from problems, 3.2Ghz is the safest keeping in mind the memory speed. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search