! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Os - Page 1/3

Subject: Os
Replies: 21 Views: 1053
> »
maxum 4.02.10 - 07:55pm
One to many scratches on my xp pro disk and its finally given in. Just got a new drive, if I put vista home basic on the new one, would it function with xp being on the master? * +

nfxcr3w 4.02.10 - 08:02pm
why dont you take it to a game shop they might unscratch it for you * +

maxum 4.02.10 - 08:10pm
I was thinking of getting it buffed, much cheaper than buying a new disk. But It's 10 30pm here. And I dnt wanna wait, if I can get it up and running now. * +

carta28 4.02.10 - 09:15pm
make an image of the disk with power iso or simular then burn a bootable image out of it * +

oetinger 4.02.10 - 09:48pm
It will if you're saying you have 2 hard drives. It'll depend on which of the drives you're booting from. The one with Vista will boot Vista, and changing the boot priority to the other drive with XP will boot XP. Both will function properly because only 1 drive can be master. * +

maxum 5.02.10 - 01:38am
The image would skip bad sectors. Thanks for the replies. I'll just be lazy nd use one as storage for media nd the xp one 4 games and progs. * +

der.ur 5.02.10 - 01:44am
it would skip the bad sectors yes but it will skip the data 2. you need to use something like bad copy pro to try and get the data uncorrupted of it. bad sector emulation in image software got nothing to do with bad sectors on the disk like scratces. its 4 copying games with copy protection coz its a bad sector the software look to authenticate the disk * +

jay.mack 5.02.10 - 04:33am
if you install vista on a slave or second primary it will write a multi boot on the first primary(xp hdd) to enable you to choose which you want to boot off. i use to have it set up that way when i dual booted xp and win7 b4 i moved completley to win 7. (note) xp sp2 support stops at the end of q2 this year. if you havent updated to sp3 do so soon. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search