! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Scottish young players - Page 2/6

Subject: Scottish young players
« <> »
stexefc 26.09.13 - 10:28pm
Actually we've brought through 4. There's actually more than u think Baz. Sturridge has started the season off well and prob would of started for England, he came through at City, as did Micah Richards. United Welbeck, Pique, Evans. Spurs granted, I've said on he many times they are s**t at bringing kids through and they even ruin the kids that they buy * +

viner 26.09.13 - 10:35pm
Januzaj is getting his chance now at 18 and looks to be virtually a fixture in the first team squad now. It depends on how you define them as academy products though as United buy them in young now paying training compensation. * +

viner 26.09.13 - 10:44pm

@ njackets - 26.09.13 - 10:38pm
Doesn't look like he's getting a chance to me.

He trains full time with the first team squad, is in the match day squad and came on last night too early to be just a sub to wind the clock down. He started this year in the u18s so he has progressed. * +

spartan2 26.09.13 - 11:25pm
Wilshere has fantastic potential but I fear for him with the injuries. He has more than a whiff of Fabregas about him. Zaha, Oxlade, Butland, Shaw, McEachran, Sterling, Barkley, Powell etc etc theres potential for English players but who knows who will really fulfill it. Michael Owen was devastating at 21 and then ruined by 27 * +

viner 26.09.13 - 11:35pm
Crewe are still producing good kids, keep an eye on Max Clayton, he's got a lot of promise. I'd put him with Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw as three to watch out for - leaving aside United players that is. * +

bigdunc 26.09.13 - 11:36pm
I still say England has the talent but clubs fk them of early to bring foreign players in .examples of walker Baines jags lescott Walcott oxlade Chamberlain all played at lower league clubs and now playing for England . * +

viner 27.09.13 - 08:03am
Crewe have Dario Gradi to thank for their youth system so picking up one of their coaching staff is a smart move. They deliberately picked a team for a league match last season of all genuine Crewe academy products, it's a very well run club. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index