! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Game design. - Page 1/2

Subject: Game design.
Replies: 9 Views: 820
> »
shello 4.11.05 - 08:05am
Hi guys. Any1 out there design program games? I'm looking 4 info as i'd like to try my hand as it. Any help at all would b rely appreciated. And u know sites, pls pls inbox me. Thanx. * +

jimroyle 4.11.05 - 10:41am
Best way to learn is to take a game to bits put it back together again, learn about the sprites n what they do how the different pieces come together. the coding is difficult cos you have to cater for EVERY eventuality. (left, right, up, down, die, fall, and more). I'd suggest opening a Java game. I did it with Prince of Persia. (open it as an Archive, you'll need JAVA Runtime Environment). * +

shello 4.11.05 - 11:58am
Ta jimroyale. Is that done on pc or cell? And that program, a pc programme? Do u design games, or were u just looking? * +

jimroyle 4.11.05 - 01:36pm
No i don't do games, i'm still learnin PHP, wanna get that licked before i try my java boots on. You'll need a pc, the java runtime environment is pre installed on windows XP i think as some applets on the internet require you to have it in order to run. i just opened it up and had a play with the imagery, but it wouldn't download onto my 3510i after that, it said it was too big. * +

jimroyle 4.11.05 - 01:37pm
But the best way to learn stuff is to do it, get the files, have a play, anything you don't understand, copy n paste into google, that's how i learn PHP... * +

shello 4.11.05 - 02:33pm
Ta 4 all the help m8, it's appreciated! * +

shello 4.11.05 - 02:43pm
1 last question pls. got pc up running, activated bt then wanted 2 send a game from my 6230 to the pc, but i can't get thru 2 games folder. Any ideas? Mayb best 2 download direct to pc? * +

xvenomx 4.11.05 - 04:12pm
Inbox me. I'LL tell u everythin u need 2 know. I make pc games 4 microsoft and s60 games for synergenix * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Nokia Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search