! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The Voice of God - Page 5/7

Subject: The Voice of God
« <> »
greenaura 13.07.15 - 11:26am

@ xfrankie - 13.07.15 - 10:36am
In this Bible destruction scenario, do we also lose our memory of the Word,

for a long time my ancestors had no written word, yet somehow it still reached, The Bible does addresses this very issue, His Word will reach all corners of the World, and i can safely say, for the most part has happened and will continue to happen till the very last one. For those that haven't heard it, they undoubtedly will, whether dead or alive, distant or not, literate or illiterate..

''or a long time my ancestors had no written word, yet somehow it still reached''

how?

i am aware people do memorise passages in the bible, or whole verses. i am aware muslims, for example, can recite maybe even the whole Koran. so yes, you dont need text, but what happens then, is the human becomes a vessel, everything replies on that person sharing that knowledge.

we are all aware of how violently muslims will protect the holy book, why? it is only material. because they realise gods message can only transcend the generations if we keep the books. again, they memorize the texts because they are aware if the books are destroyed the word of god goes with it.

then all is left is people and their word. so no, you dont need books, but you do need a medium, a vessel, if any of these were destroyed, there would be no voice of god. all these facts point towards a reality where there is no voice of god, only mans desperate attempt to keep an idea that can be lost in one generation, on record, via literature or through verbal communication.

remember, we are a very capable and intelligent species, but not all things can be passed through the generations. we use technology- external things that need to be carried physically from one generation to the next, they need to be preserved or else they will vanish forever. you can remember the holy texts, but remembering information and taking it to your grave will not pass it on to the next generation. a book needs to be stored and looked after in order for it to last long, it needs to be copied and reproduced, or else it will fade, rot way into dust and be lost in time forever. likewise, we developed verbal communication and use it to pass ideas and information on.

if god was external, as we are led to believe, they he wouldnt require us to carry evidence of his existence through the ages in a book. it wouldnt be a requirement to keep his teachings alive through word of mouth. * +

greenaura 13.07.15 - 11:26am
if god were external, we wouldnt need to remember him because he would always be there. but the fact we so desperately cling to records, strongly suggests god is an idea that came from the internal, that is, from within the human mind, and in order to keep that idea alive, it needs to be recorded and passed on through teaching. * +

greenaura 13.07.15 - 11:28am
i hit the jackpot * +

greenaura 13.07.15 - 11:39am

@ ladibud - 13.07.15 - 10:48am
think of God as Ahmet ... u inbox abt s**t, errors etc, u hear nothin back, but suddenly u realise, the errors have stopped. tho he is quiet, he is workin on ur complaint, request etc ... sometimes he ignores u coz u are just full of s**t.

''sometimes he ignores u coz u are just full of s**t.''

this is what god has been doing for the last 2000 years * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 11:56am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 11:26am
''or a long time my ancestors had no written word, yet somehow it still reached''

how?

i am aware people do memorise passages in the bible, or whole verses. i am aware muslims, for example, can recite maybe even the whole Koran. so yes, you dont need text, but what happens then, is the human becomes a vessel, everything replies on that person sharing that knowledge.

we are all aware of how violently muslims will protect the holy book, why? it is only material. because they realise gods message can only transcend the generations if we keep the books. again, they memorize the texts because they are aware if the books are destroyed the word of god goes with it.

then all is left is people and their word. so no, you dont need books, but you do need a medium, a vessel, if any of these were destroyed, there would be no voice of god. all these facts point towards a reality where there is no voice of god, only mans desperate attempt to keep an idea that can be lost in one generation, on record, via literature or through verbal communication.

remember, we are a very capable and intelligent species, but not all things can be passed through the generations. we use technology- external things that need to be carried physically from one generation to the next, they need to be preserved or else they will vanish forever. you can remember the holy texts, but remembering information and taking it to your grave will not pass it on to the next generation. a book needs to be stored and looked after in order for it to last long, it needs to be copied and reproduced, or else it will fade, rot way into dust and be lost in time forever. likewise, we developed verbal communication and use it to pass ideas and information on.

if god was external, as we are led to believe, they he wouldnt require us to carry evidence of his existence through the ages in a book. it wouldnt be a requirement to keep his teachings alive through word of mouth.

are you on desktop, its like an essay up in here! lol... so how did it reach? ah this guy david livingstone, and a bunch of other missionaries, dared to venture into the dark continent to bring the Gospel.. that's how it reached * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 12:00pm

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 11:26am

how?

if god was external, as we are led to believe, they he wouldnt require us to carry evidence of his existence through the ages in a book. it wouldnt be a requirement to keep his teachings alive through word of mouth.

I can't speak for muslims, but do Christians react the same if you burnt a Bible infront of them. And as long we have memory of it, it will be Written. Did you watch... Book of Eli... * +

ladibud 13.07.15 - 12:32pm

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 11:39am
''sometimes he ignores u coz u are just full of s**t.''

this is what god has been doing for the last 2000 years

Ja well let's face it, I have been tellin u for a few years too that u are full of s**t .... Tho in ur case I suspect God's eyes glazes over nd he dozes off while u are still talkin.... Coz u do go on nd on. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index