! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The Voice of God - Page 4/7

Subject: The Voice of God
« <> »
greenaura 13.07.15 - 09:39am

@ xfrankie - 13.07.15 - 09:22am
your right to assume that, especially with any of my family chaps, i would be disturbed, But we all have different ways of communicating, for example, how you speak to 5 yr old, is not the same you would to say a parliament, the criterion varies, especially where one is Superior and the other Surbodinate,

there is no grey area in regard to gods alleged ability to communicate with humans. the bible gives many examples where god spoke directly to humans or used angels as messengers, so its clear in these instances that god was speaking at a level we clearly understand. he wasnt using riddles or abstract gestures, he was just talking as we do, giving instructions, issuing warnings etc.

lets assume for arguments sake that god does speak through the teachings in the bible. if you were to destroy all bibles in the world, does that mean god loses his voice?

or, even in a world with millions of bible, if somebody has never been exposed to the book, or lives in some remote location belonging to a culture that doesnt even know about the bible, how does god speak to them?

why is gods voice so limited in range. just as you can only hear a violin being played if you are in close proximity, even if you make a recording of it being played, it can only be heard by those you give a copy to.

but this is god we are talking about, credited with the creation of the universe, known to be capable of verbal communication- why dont we hear him speak, regardless if we want to hear or not?
* +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 10:25am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 09:39am
there is no grey area in regard to gods alleged ability to communicate with humans. the bible gives many examples where god spoke directly to humans or used angels as messengers, so its clear in these instances that god was speaking at a level we clearly understand. he wasnt using riddles or abstract gestures, he was just talking as we do, giving instructions, issuing warnings etc.

lets assume for arguments sake that god does speak through the teachings in the bible. if you were to destroy all bibles in the world, does that mean god loses his voice?

or, even in a world with millions of bible, if somebody has never been exposed to the book, or lives in some remote location belonging to a culture that doesnt even know about the bible, how does god speak to them?

why is gods voice so limited in range. just as you can only hear a violin being played if you are in close proximity, even if you make a recording of it being played, it can only be heard by those you give a copy to.

but this is god we are talking about, credited with the creation of the universe, known to be capable of verbal communication- why dont we hear him speak, regardless if we want to hear or not?

the superior-subordinate illustration, meant to say that in all instances it is the Superior that always determines the apporiate mode of communication, just because it worked a certain way in the past, doesn't imply it should work for the same way with the another time,

If He spoke directly in the past, and then with us He chooses Written Word, its alright because His Position reserves the sovereignity to do so. the clay doesn't tell the Potter what's what * +

greenaura 13.07.15 - 10:34am

@ xfrankie - 13.07.15 - 10:25am
the superior-subordinate illustration, meant to say that in all instances it is the Superior that always determines the apporiate mode of communication, just because it worked a certain way in the past, doesn't imply it should work for the same way with the another time,

If He spoke directly in the past, and then with us He chooses Written Word, its alright because His Position reserves the sovereignity to do so. the clay doesn't tell the Potter what's what

doesnt make any sense what so ever, but is perfectly convenient * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 10:36am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 09:39am

In this Bible destruction scenario, do we also lose our memory of the Word,

for a long time my ancestors had no written word, yet somehow it still reached, The Bible does addresses this very issue, His Word will reach all corners of the World, and i can safely say, for the most part has happened and will continue to happen till the very last one. For those that haven't heard it, they undoubtedly will, whether dead or alive, distant or not, literate or illiterate.. * +

ladibud 13.07.15 - 10:47am

@ kimjongl - 13.07.15 - 08:34am
I mean why hasn't he updated us on if it's OK or not to use polyester? Is it still not allowed or has he relaxed that rule? How are we to know without an update?

The way polyester clings to ur body nd makes u shock the s**t out of yourself nd others is imo, God's way of sayin, bin that s**t. * +

ladibud 13.07.15 - 10:48am
think of God as Ahmet ... u inbox abt s**t, errors etc, u hear nothin back, but suddenly u realise, the errors have stopped. tho he is quiet, he is workin on ur complaint, request etc ... sometimes he ignores u coz u are just full of s**t. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 10:48am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 10:34am
doesnt make any sense what so ever, but is perfectly convenient

Well that's what i got, the other day i realised, when my nephew says this is the last one, what he is actually saying or means to say is it is second last.. i'm advised its part of growth, and until you recognise where he's mind can understand and accept its real meaning, when talking to him use the word 'last' the way he understands it, * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index