! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The Voice of God - Page 3/7

Subject: The Voice of God
« <> »
greenaura 13.07.15 - 08:43am
the text in the bible is not evidence of god speaking or having spoke. anybody can write text and attribute it to god. i can spend the morning writing a story, then say god wrote it. just because its 2000 years old doesnt give it any more authenticity.

again, im asking if you hear god speak (present tense), not if you have read the bible. * +

propidol 13.07.15 - 08:59am
The updates we got 2000 years ago weren't that great. Good news folks, you can eat prawns but you still can't talk back or question. Oh and don't forget if you don't love me I am going to fkn burn you. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 09:10am

@ kimjongl - 13.07.15 - 08:32am
Sure some can, but can all of the values of that time apply today? Should we live by all of the rules of 2000 years ago?

No some can't definately, Thus its about identifying what does and doesn't apply in a ever evolving society, and herein lies the basic principles of belief in Deity, because what a believer percieves as applicable is not from a subjective, nor societal point of view, But rather what the Deity recognises a Value. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 09:16am

@ kimjongl - 13.07.15 - 08:34am
I mean why hasn't he updated us on if it's OK or not to use polyester? Is it still not allowed or has he relaxed that rule? How are we to know without an update?

Every thing we do is governed by basic principles, a foundation, which He's already given, and what's left is building on top of it. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 09:22am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 08:37am
if you know your mother, brother, sister, friend, lover etc is fully capable of speaking, but simply chooses not to speak to you, even when you reach out to them, i think im right to assume you would be offended.

you wwould wonder why they arent speaking. you would wonder what you have done, or what is wrong with them. if you were in their presence and they ignored you even for 5 mins, not acknowledging you when you spoke directly to them, you would think something was terribly wrong. thee longer the time that passes, the more worrying it would become.

god does this through your entire life.

your right to assume that, especially with any of my family chaps, i would be disturbed, But we all have different ways of communicating, for example, how you speak to 5 yr old, is not the same you would to say a parliament, the criterion varies, especially where one is Superior and the other Surbodinate, * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 09:31am

@ greenaura - 13.07.15 - 08:43am
the text in the bible is not evidence of god speaking or having spoke. anybody can write text and attribute it to god. i can spend the morning writing a story, then say god wrote it. just because its 2000 years old doesnt give it any more authenticity.

again, im asking if you hear god speak (present tense), not if you have read the bible.

well its not like people haven't that done since always, the Bible however sticks out and has endured remarkably against insurmountable odds, not to mention it accuracy in light of man's conduct, future occurences..So should i answer that question a 3rd time.. * +

xfrankie 13.07.15 - 09:38am

@ propidol - 13.07.15 - 08:59am
The updates we got 2000 years ago weren't that great. Good news folks, you can eat prawns but you still can't talk back or question. Oh and don't forget if you don't love me I am going to fkn burn you.

I'm curious, you're aware that God says you MUST love Him, are you equally aware He also says the ONLY way you do that is by love to EVERYONE else * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index