! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Awkward Moments.. - Page 3/7

Subject: Awkward Moments..
« <> »
suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:10pm
Over the years, Horus became more interested in critical needs and social justice initiatives, helping those at risk of severe poverty, disease, or violence. The pain and suffering he saw first hand led him to be more and more troubled by Gods apparent disregard for the children of His creation. This led Horus to years of re-studying the Bible for himself, away from the rose-colored teachings of any church or seminary. He never returned.... * +

0gypsy0 19.09.14 - 06:10pm
reading.gif * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:11pm
I used to be a Christian. In fact, I was a devout ministry leader for many years focused mostly on youth evangelism, Biblical literacy, and critical needs relief efforts overseas. A number of life experiences began to tug at the fabric of my faith, not the least of which is what I refer to as the slippery slope - the fine line between being devout and becoming delusional * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:11pm
Over the course of a decade, I watched as several friends, family, and colleagues tipped their toes over the line from time to time, while some jumped both feet at once. Looking back, I often found myself worried, Would I even know if I had gone over the line? I will be forever grateful for this cognitive dissonance, a simple indicator of my own sanity * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:12pm
In the year since we released our first book, the response has been quite humbling. So much so that later this week I am scheduled to speak at the National Convention of the Atheist Alliance of America along with Dr. Steven Pinker, Dr. Richard Carrier, Rebecca Goldstein, and many other great minds * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:12pm
Aside from interest and support from lapsed and recovering Christians, Ive also received a great deal of correspondence from many in the Christian community. Many have found our approach to be challenging (in a very positive way), causing them to open their Bibles for the first time since childhood to re-examine the stories they once learned in Sunday school. * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:13pm
(In fact, our second book even features a foreword from prominent evangelical pastor and author, Dan Kimball of Vintage Faith Church). Some Christians have reacted with varying degrees of suspicion and anger for our approach to illustrating lesser-known Bible stories that might paint their chosen faith in a light that they dont appreciate. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index