! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Religious Atheists? - Page 6/8

Subject: Religious Atheists?
« <> »
ire.mark 19.04.14 - 03:02pm

@ viva - 19.04.14 - 01:18pm
Ok, no matter what it's called, label, tag, name, etc., Atheism and Religion believe in something. You have opinion according to your belief system. Flat Earth Society also believe in something, but their belief has been proven wrong by science. If there's no strong evidence yet, we can say likely or unlikely. We can say that the universe is likely to be intelligently designed because of the fine tuning of the precise amount of the forces of nature in the universe. A slight change will result in a completely different universe. We can say that the universe is unlikely to be intelligently designed because a particle can pop out from nothingness into existence by itself. So, you can proudly say that you believe in Creator because of the fine tuning, or you don't believe in Creator because a particle can pop out into existence by itself. Or you can say that you blindly believe in the flat earth because it's the ultimate truth that doesn't require explanation and proof.

No religion believes in something, atheist does not believe in that thing because it can not be shown to be true, it's a lack of belief. Some atheist believe aliens put life here others do not. The only thing atheists have in common is they do not believe in a higher power, there is no system. Me in particular would be the kind of atheist you're referring to. You can not say the universe is likely to be intelligently designed because we can show the steps from the big bang to solar formation a * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 03:07pm
and even galaxies formation with super massive black holes, all be in theory but theory is not hypothesis. As for dark matter, I wouldn't say that's finely tuned. We don't see it, we see its effects on the light it bends so we really have no idea how much there is. * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 03:15pm
I'll put it this way, the orbit of the planets seem like they have order or fine tuned, so much so that we invented a while system of measuring time around them and also a way to navigate but we know that is not the case. The formation of the solar system was a chaotic event. from chaos comes order if it is locked in a system. this system in this case being gravity from a star our sun. * +

viva 19.04.14 - 07:38pm

@ ire.mark - 19.04.14 - 03:07pm
and even galaxies formation with super massive black holes, all be in theory but theory is not hypothesis. As for dark matter, I wouldn't say that's finely tuned. We don't see it, we see its effects on the light it bends so we really have no idea how much there is.

I mean dark energy not dark matter. If dark energy is slightly stronger, the expansion of the universe would be too fast that the galaxies wouldn't have formed. We wouldn't exist. So, what is the explanation for the right amount of dark energy in the universe? * +

ire.mark 19.04.14 - 10:11pm
you mean the hypothetical dark energy, they use to explain expansion that they're are not sure for a fact actually is real? * +

viva 20.04.14 - 04:48pm

@ ire.mark - 19.04.14 - 10:11pm
you mean the hypothetical dark energy, they use to explain expansion that they're are not sure for a fact actually is real?

It is a fact because it has been measured by astronomers. * +

viva 20.04.14 - 04:50pm
Although Atheism isn't science, it demands scientific proof about the existence of Creator. Just like the multiverse, it hasn't been scientifically proved, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If Aheism behaves like science, Atheists should honestly say that they don't know about the existence of Creator, instead of saying that Creator doesn't exist. There should be no Atheism at all. It's all about proving something scientifically. Even Stephen Hawking believes in multiverse by saying that information isn't lost in other universes that have no black holes to correct his biggest mistake. Maybe some people would say that the existence of Creator cannot be taken into scientific world. Maybe they're correct because our scientific information and technology right now isn't sufficient enough to do such thing, just like proving the existence of multiverse. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index