! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Theistic evolution and core Christian theology - Page 1/21

Subject: Theistic evolution and core Christian theology
Replies: 142 Views: 12007
> »
purest1 6.09.12 - 08:16am
The harmonization of the bible and evolution brings up certain difficulties to mainstream theologies and I'd love to hear, especially from evolutionist Christians, how to reconcile these difficulties. * +

smohamed 6.09.12 - 08:17am
this sounds interesting * +

byron.x 6.09.12 - 08:18am
dontknow I battle believing in Evolution at all anyway. I have to see physical proof of skulls, dinosaur fossils et cetera with my own eyes then we'll see.. okay * +

purest1 6.09.12 - 08:19am
The obvious one is the central story of Christianity- paradise given, man messes up, paradise lost, a redeemer comes to man's rescue, paradise regained. In evolutionist theology what paradise was there to lose and to what original perfect state is homo sapiens to be restored? * +

byron.x 6.09.12 - 08:20am
And also take me to the Galapagos Isles, Shetland Isles, Mojave Desert, etc etc. And I shall become a believer! hyper * +

purest1 6.09.12 - 08:25am
The Lukan genealogy ties in Jesus through Joseph back to Adam, as a historical man. Jesus, son of Joseph, son of heli, son of... Son of Adam, son of God. At which forbear does the narrative jump from historical persons to mythical/allegorical ones? Luke 3. * +

purest1 6.09.12 - 08:30am
The cause of death and suffering. Romans 5:12, 6:23 and other passages say death came because of sin. But in evolution, death preceded sin by millions of years. In fact, death, suffering and disease are natural and are mechanism of natural selection. Just these problems for now. * +

martayo 6.09.12 - 09:24am
simple, evolutionist theology is fake. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-21
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum