! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Europe heatwave - Page 13/19

Subject: Europe heatwave
« <> »
alanball 22.07.23 - 11:05pm

@ 3mel - 22.07.23 - 10:18pm
''It's up to us to support our lifestyle not the Earth'' yeah that's what people are hoping we remain able to do.

lol * +

twitoris 22.07.23 - 11:19pm

@ n.w.o - 22.07.23 - 09:19pm
It's up to us to support our lifestyle not the Earth, that was the point. The Earth's climate will continue to change regardless of what we do. Handicapping ourselves with expensive 'climate solutions' that only make corporations rich and give governments control is something only a fool would support. Thinking we can do anything to change the continued hundreds of millions of years of climate change in either direction is the height of arrogance.

It will always swing.
We are living in one of those swings.
I think we have the capability to influence the extremes of those swings.
We could also keep it in this kinda nice interglacial period quite easily.
People seem to be enjoying it.

I personally would enjoy higher sea levels and humid rainforests on the poles.

Boats are fu*king cool * +

mikeymk 23.07.23 - 12:49am

@ 3mel - 22.07.23 - 10:48pm
the climate isn't the earth and we have had an effect on it and mostly rectified previous errors within your lifetime.

drastic changes in average temperatures happening over millions of years aren't the same thing as observable changes in Co2 and gas concentrations increasing within decades.

That's true. It's incredible the amount of damage humans have made since the industrial revolution.
But the fact still stands that the planet will roll regardless, and we either adapt with it or die out.

I'm in agreement with doing things to reduce/prevent continuing to change it at previous rates. I've had this mindset for decades and have actively practiced it for as long as i can remember. * +

ogdenz 23.07.23 - 01:35am

@ mikeymk - 22.07.23 - 10:19pm
The earth won't adapt for humans. It's up to humans to adapt for an ever-changing earth.

All things affect everything else. Without humans the climate would be and has forever been changing that's true.What we as people do does indeed change things,speed things up even..in a negative way. Negative from our standpoint. The earth doesn't give a toss,we should do though. * +

1clivey1 23.07.23 - 09:35am
Rainy.gif give us back our summer! * +

mikeymk 23.07.23 - 10:01am
I want a refund on July, this one's broken. * +

3mel 23.07.23 - 10:47am

@ mikeymk - 23.07.23 - 12:49am
That's true. It's incredible the amount of damage humans have made since the industrial revolution.
But the fact still stands that the planet will roll regardless, and we either adapt with it or die out.

I'm in agreement with doing things to reduce/prevent continuing to change it at previous rates. I've had this mindset for decades and have actively practiced it for as long as i can remember.

yeah it's leadership from the top down that's missing. finding ways to take money from people isn't really doing anything to help the situation, it's just making people's lives harder.

instead charging people to drive in London why not make it so electric vehicles have free parking badges for a year or two ?
why not fund research projects from the UN with business partners to develop cleaner, lower emissions industrial practices ?
and why not start this 35 to 40 years ago when the oil companies own research discovered global warming ? if oil companies knew then governments everywhere did too. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-19
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index