! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Philosophy - Page 1/2

Subject: Philosophy
Replies: 9 Views: 535
> »
olia 11.11.22 - 07:50pm
I was wondering if anyone is interested to discuss it. I came across the topic of liberty recently, and became kind of confused, lets say, while i'm thinking about positive and negative freedoms, i question myself, whenever negative freedom actually exists. all of examples i can think of, just explains the positive freedom. It's like everything we can do is somehow restrained or forced by others. uhhhhh.... onfire.gif * +

mikeymk 11.11.22 - 08:40pm
I don't know if I'm exceptionally philosophical, or if I'm just very little of anything else. * +

sisfreak2017 11.11.22 - 08:49pm
We all came from somewhere. I hope most of us came from the same place. Flower.gif * +

trunking 11.11.22 - 09:05pm
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. * +

tranie 11.11.22 - 10:26pm
I think so therefore I am! I am so therefore I think! Do I think or am I even here ? Does this really exist ? Take your pick on less than 1'/. Of Philosophical questions my personal favourite is life is like an onion it has many layers and each one can make you cry * +

vedder 11.11.22 - 11:53pm

@ olia - 11.11.22 - 07:50pm
I was wondering if anyone is interested to discuss it. I came across the topic of liberty recently, and became kind of confused, lets say, while i'm thinking about positive and negative freedoms, i question myself, whenever negative freedom actually exists. all of examples i can think of, just explains the positive freedom. It's like everything we can do is somehow restrained or forced by others. uhhhhh.... onfire

Welcome to life. * +

mitsossj 14.11.22 - 09:46am
You mention 2 words which while they are similar are not 100 the same. You talk about liberty a.k.a. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behaviour, or political views and freedom a.k.a. the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants.
The easy part to start with is freedom. A person's freedom ends where another's freedom begins. Simple and solid. Want to analyze this? pfffft.
The tricky part is liberty. You find bountaries and restrictions to (almost) all govermental and religional systems - democracy/christianity included - from the very veeeeeery veeeery very past till today. I believe this is happening because if people start crossing the lines liberty will become simply... chaos. Now we can discuss it further about these lines and how about the ones in control using them :p * +

ogdenz 14.11.22 - 10:53am
Thoughts exist of course,but there is no thinker of them.
The concept of a thinker experiencing thoughts is just that..a concept. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index