! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Corona and politics... - Page 1/4

Subject: Corona and politics...
Replies: 27 Views: 1233
> »
ungers 17.06.20 - 04:37pm
Any form of Tobacco product is strictly prohibited in SA. But Alcohol is legal?...Go figure...So, we have to sit at home, not allowed to smoke? But we can drink ourselves into a stupor? I see a country run by dictators, end of democracy...btw, SA is the only country banning smokes... * +

ungers 17.06.20 - 04:40pm
At least weed is still legal....lol.... * +

cleancut 17.06.20 - 04:45pm
it's an opportunity to make some serious cash in the black market tobacco business. * +

3mel 17.06.20 - 04:53pm
I heard that that's what's happened there, black market cigarette sales. * +

3mel 17.06.20 - 04:55pm
I know it's an unjust imposition upon people there, but there could've been long term benefits to society if the alcohol ban had remained in place with the tobacco one.

lots of people might've kicked heroin or meth if they simply couldn't get any during lock downs around the world. * +

vampboy 17.06.20 - 04:58pm
Reports show approximately 800 000 South Africans have quit smoking due to the ban, but the blackmarket is at an all time. I'd like to see the world get rid of cigarettes, but banning them will only backfire with increased black market sales that don't follow even the most basic of safety procedures, I suspect if it continues long enough, violence and chaos over the sale of tobacco will ensue. Overall, bad plan. * +

ungers 17.06.20 - 05:03pm
Well, i managed to stop drinking about 10 years ago....but let me tell u, it is far worse to stop smoking, not advisable during this uncertain period.... * +

ungers 17.06.20 - 05:07pm
People are irritated, you can have an abortion, but cannot smoke? Anyway, i see a lot of tantrums and violence cos of this approach... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search