! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Vitamins and minerals - Page 2/8

Subject: Vitamins and minerals
« <> »
obi_jon 1.09.14 - 03:26pm
Liver is full of iron, tastes like s**te but that's what you need to eat for iron. * +

obi_jon 1.09.14 - 03:32pm
My doctor told me that the vast majority of vitamin/mineral tablets are a complete waste of time and money. The body doesn't absorb them properly and you just end up with very expensive, mineral rich, pi*s being flushed down the lav. Much better off eating a healthy diet of vitamin rich foods.nod.gif * +

obi_jon 1.09.14 - 03:41pm
Long before my doc told me that, I did buy a bottle of multi vitamin tablets and they turned my pi*s a fluorescent yellow colour and made it smell most peculiarstink.gif. * +

dodgey 1.09.14 - 03:50pm
Multivitamins daily, and i make sure I have at least 5 a day fruit and veg. * +

damsel77 1.09.14 - 03:51pm
I used to take all sorts years ago but what with them no being any good,its hard how to deal with. Vit c is good butr like someone said you have to take vit c for iron to work. Watercress and apricots have iron in. Its a minefield really. * +

damsel77 1.09.14 - 03:54pm

@ bambi60 - 1.09.14 - 02:17pm
brightidea Wine is from the fruit group , Ales are from the cereal group and an old fashioned Guinness with a hot iron dipped in it .. no need to thank me cheers

Isn't that mulled wine or beer ?Ha ha sounds great NOT but guiness is good for you but a devil to drink * +

piggle 1.09.14 - 04:06pm

@ obi_jon - 1.09.14 - 03:41pm
Long before my doc told me that, I did buy a bottle of multi vitamin tablets and they turned my pi*s a fluorescent yellow colour and made it smell most peculiarstink.gif.

Multi vits will do that, they're full of s**t, random amounts of nonsense and of cr*p quality.

The body doesn't make minerals or vit a, b, c, etc... how they're replenished doesn't really matter especially with the atrocious standards of food these days. Budgeting for organic is too much like hard work for most people * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index