! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Smart phones - Page 1/4

Subject: Smart phones
Replies: 22 Views: 3811
> »
marrius 5.04.07 - 06:47pm
Is it possible to run windows 98 or win 200 on a windows ? It has the processing power and the memory. Just wondered if ne1 has tryed it * +

tandy 7.04.07 - 09:28am
A desktop os like 98 or Xp needs a lot of memory to function. Although your device has the right processor it lacks one essential element, a hardrive! So no you havnt got the right combination. The Nokia N91 has a hardrive but windows wouldnt except the N91's processor. * +

tandy 7.04.07 - 09:32am
You just wouldnt have no where near enough memory. Windows automatically checks the hardware when it installs and if it didnt find a hardrive it wouldnt continue to install cos it knows the device doesnt have the memory * +

tandy 7.04.07 - 09:37am
There is a pda on the market that has a hardrive which i think is called a lifedrive but its not a phone. Wether or not we will ever see a windows phone with a hardrive iam unsure. They are really business devices and unfortunatly business people probably wouldnt need a hardrive on their phone. The N91's excuse is that its a music phone * +

gp20 8.04.07 - 04:13pm
Has the n95 got a harddrive * +

dani2xll 9.04.07 - 05:29am
no. Only the n91 and i think the 800 has a hard-drive. * +

tandy 10.04.07 - 12:16am
There are a couple of samsung windows phones on 02 which have a hardrive, but have they intel processors? Assume they must have. But even if they have i still dont think a destop 0s would install cos of the phones graphic capabilities and there must be other factors also. * +

tandy 10.04.07 - 12:20am
Maybe its possable but you may have to do some tinkering about with windows xp lol you would really have to be a whiz kid. I bet someone somewhere has managed to do it. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Phones Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search