! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Hi-fi separates - Page 1/12

Subject: Hi-fi separates
Replies: 80 Views: 10454
> »
kentrik 29.12.08 - 06:00pm
Which company produces the best sounding separates in your opinion? Nad? ,marantz?, cambridge audio?, denon?. im looking to upgrade my whole system chin * +

3rdrail 29.12.08 - 06:26pm
It's down to personal preference really, each of those companies produce excellent equipment. One of my mates has a cambridge audio amp and speakers that he runs his dj setup through and it sounds amazing! I myself run a pretty basic rotel amp through tannoy m3 speakers and it sounds great! Lol * +

garion 29.12.08 - 06:50pm
I'm running Cambridge through Tannoy MX3s and it sounds great with decent cables. Check out the 'Sound Advice' topic in this forum which goes into a bit more depth and may give you some useful pointers. * +

garion 29.12.08 - 07:12pm
Ah, I've just noticed your username and you're already aware of it, sorry.. blush * +

kentrik 29.12.08 - 07:34pm
Wot about mixin up your system? Eg nad amp and cambridge cd player? That a bad idea? * +

garion 29.12.08 - 08:15pm
Nope, that's really the whole idea of separates - one manufacturer might make really good amps, whereas another makes better cd players. With modern equipment there's usually no problem with system matching unless you buy Quad and then you just need phono to din cables. * +

crail 29.12.08 - 09:37pm
its all about getting the right amp for the speakers. A low end amp could sound better than certain high end amps * +

kentrik 29.12.08 - 09:51pm
Wot amp u recommend for mordaunt short 908i's then, im thinking cambridge 540 or 640 chin * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search