! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Old Punk v HC Punk - Page 20/22

Subject: Old Punk v HC Punk
« <> »
8letters 20.11.08 - 08:32pm
I think it comes down to their lyrics. As I have no idea what they sing about I'd appreciate it if someone could give an example. * +

djknut 21.11.08 - 01:01am
you must think your soo 'cool' but what you said just proves my point * +

metalb0y 21.11.08 - 07:25am
But when mtv was up and running did you see any of the 80s punk bands on? Did you? Exploited released and album in 03 round about the time greenday did, did you see exploited On MTV top 10? Or On MTV TRL? Like greenday who changed their music, style and image to suit trends. I'm not going to argue with you any longer. Talking to you is like clapping with one hand. * +

xtrashyx 21.11.08 - 10:37am
this argument is gettin rediculous now! yawn * +

8letters 21.11.08 - 12:16pm
How can you hate Green Day for changing their style and at the same time hail Metallica? Anyway, I don't care what kind of music they play if the lyrics still are punk. If they are, it's just good they get huge exposure. But if they just sing about romance and stuff like that then no, I wouldn't consider them very punk. As I said earlier, it's not about generic power chords but the ideology. * +

djknut 21.11.08 - 05:39pm
u still dont get it, greendsay * +

djknut 21.11.08 - 05:43pm
u still dont get it do u, greenday knew the rules that punk bands aint supposed to go on mtv or have mass appeal, yet they went n done it anyway hence not even stickin to the rules of bein punk which is suposted to b about not sticking to the rules anyway, so they are the ultimate punks wheather u like it or agree with what they did or not * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-22
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index