! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Have any of you ever had a burning question to ask - Page 1/3

Subject: Have any of you ever had a burning question to ask
Replies: 21 Views: 1252
> »
s.mcclel 14.05.14 - 11:32pm
and possibly have asked your question to many intelligent people but yet the question remains unanswered.Well I have such a question to ask......You know how here in the UK we have to put our clocks forward and back an hour to bring in the summer and winter seasons?......well my question is this,how would that have been possible when folk were using set in stone sun dials?....or when you visit a castle you'll see one in the garden or grounds. * +

flossi 14.05.14 - 11:53pm
facepalm they hadnt invented daylight saving back then! * +

s.mcclel 14.05.14 - 11:57pm
They've been doing it well before the digital age if you care to do a little research.You wouldn't happen to be blonde by any chance would you?.How old do you think the yearly ritual at Stonehenge is eh? * +

herbiegoesbananas 15.05.14 - 12:06am
I thought daylight saving time was roughly invented around world war one?? pardon.gif * +

s.mcclel 15.05.14 - 12:59am
I think you may find that they've been prancing around large stone blocks down in Stonehenge doing their ritual rituals well before the first world war on the summer solstice.Thats when we would've first have introduced the season of summer to our modern calendar I'd say. * +

flossi 15.05.14 - 07:35am
sun summer has been around since Adam chased eve around that apple tree, DST however is not used to tell us its summer. * +

flossi 15.05.14 - 07:39am
toohot and my history knowledge says it was started in 1916 by the Germans, i think Stonehenge was slightly earlier than this! * +

cyberman 16.05.14 - 12:59pm
ur local swimming baths closed down? how awful * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Just For Fun Forum