! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Onlive UK launched - Page 1/7

Subject: Onlive UK launched
Replies: 49 Views: 3175
> »
acid2004 22.09.11 - 11:28am
Onlive has come out for the UK today, they are offering your first full game for one pound, worth a try for a quid if you ask me. Plenty of games to choose from including deus ex hr, space marine, dirt 3, fear 3, amnesia to name a few. I got homefront for a quid, just a shame the only online servers you can play on are onlives own. Visuals are a bit rubbish as well but do the job well enough. * +

dudester 22.09.11 - 12:23pm
Can play 100's of games for 6.99 a month as well am not sure its that beneficial to me now put am getting to the point where my pc won't play the latest games that well so having it done by cloud could be appealing. Might have to arena watch fm12 and see how fast it processes the fixtures n stuff :D * +

spartan2 22.09.11 - 04:22pm
The servers are probably getting hammered. Had a god quick trial Dirt 3 and it was unplayable, macroblocking sound problems, stuttering etc very bad. The settings the game is running at is clearly well below maximum and no AA, the overall image quality was pish, worse than even the consoles! God forbid * +

newt182 22.09.11 - 05:40pm
Just tried Space Marines for just a few minutes. I thought there might be some lag or stuttering but even on my laptop, using the wireless connection, it runs fine. Still my laptop would play it at better graphics. * +

newt182 22.09.11 - 05:42pm
If you have a cr*p laptop and want to play new games then this could be a good way to do it. * +

play.con 23.09.11 - 01:21am
'bought' Deus Ex for a quid, it was 1 quid too much... The lag wild *insert everything Spartan said here* * +

spartan2 23.09.11 - 01:23am
I tried it again and the thing says Onlive is full facepalm this is a disaster and as bad as i ever imagined it to be. Plus games will only end up being supported for 3 years or so, maybe 5 if you are lucky. You paid for it, wanna play it and go back to it much later? Forget it. * +

newt182 23.09.11 - 01:25am
Runs fine for me on my connection.. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1497177619.png * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search