You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.
Subject: Head to head CRT VS LCD

gollum 20.02.11 - 06:47pm
It may 's*ck' by your picky standards, but every channel I've tried the picture quality blows away the 32inch CRT I was using til now. * +
spartan2 20.02.11 - 07:05pm
Your CRTmusta been too then
CRT's are generally a lot better at dealing with various resolutions than LCd displays. LCd's always look a lot better with native resolution although upscaling has improved on them a fair bit they are no match for good old CRTs. You end up trading off one thing for another. In LCD case then its having a better HD experience than SD * +
play.con 20.02.11 - 07:22pm
Most old CRTs are . I had an old flatscreen Sony CRT which was excellent. Upscaling isn't ideal, but it's older shows and SD football that's worst. Newer stuff looks good. Certainly a decent upgrade for a gamer who likes movies. * +
play.con 20.02.11 - 07:24pm
... When I say football, I mean Five
ain't got Sky, I watch the premier league on Chinese streams, pmpl. * +
spartan2 20.02.11 - 07:34pm
Depends how old it is. sorta CRTs after like 2000 became extremely good at colour reproduction, and monitors especially are far better than LCD for resolution scaling. Better LCDs even now dont touch them, but the gap has closed a fair bit past 5 yuears * +
jeegee 20.02.11 - 08:09pm
tch! the only reason we even moved to flat panel is because the cost of manufacturing FLAWLESS crt tubes at massive sizes on a large scale was deemed by the industry to be an unviable route during the 80s. the cost of lcd and plasma production was falling rapidly. nuff said. crt CAN give superior viewing. just the ones still around dont cut it when tryin to output hd. fie on any res below 1080prog. *
+ refresh
+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index