! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Planet Earth II - Page 3/6

Subject: Planet Earth II
« <> »
garion 8.11.16 - 05:53pm

@ lucky13 - 8.11.16 - 05:36pm
Did anyone else think that their was some CGI done?

I didn't necessarily think so at the time, although it's hard to tell these days, I'll check it on disc when I can do some pausing and slo-mo. * +

lucky13 9.11.16 - 04:19pm
There was just a couple of bits I thought looked like CGI, id like to hope is wasn't though * +

garion 9.11.16 - 05:04pm

@ lucky13 - 9.11.16 - 04:19pm
There was just a couple of bits I thought looked like CGI, id like to hope is wasn't though

I had a look around last night afterwards and saw various 'making ofs' and background info listed and read a good deal of it, and there was no suggestion anywhere that CGI was used (doesn't mean it wasn't of course) but since the man-made baby polar bear birthing chamber 'scandal' the Beeb have been pretty careful to point up any tampering. Took them 5 years to make it, so I think it's just amazingly patient and dedicated camera people and 4K equipment that's made it looks so good it's suspicious. * +

lucky13 9.11.16 - 10:45pm
Good, as it would ruin it for me if it was * +

poppyt 12.11.16 - 01:18am
the snakes looked cgi.....but they weren't.....that's just thier snakey cgiesque snakeyways.....amazing filming....I was a bit irritated by ole dave's story line...it's just a bit silly....(sorry Dave) but I can kinda ignore it as the filming is amazing.....those sea iguanas are amazing creatures....p.s...I've only seen the first one... * +

garion 12.11.16 - 10:16pm

@ poppyt - 12.11.16 - 01:18am
the snakes looked cgi.....but they weren't.....that's just thier snakey cgiesque snakeyways.....amazing filming....I was a bit irritated by ole dave's story line...it's just a bit silly....(sorry Dave) but I can kinda ignore it as the filming is amazing.....those sea iguanas are amazing creatures....p.s...I've only seen the first one...

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone have a pop at the Godlike Sir Dave; there's probably a law against it - it's almost certainly sacrilege.. *laughs* * +

birdy 12.11.16 - 10:49pm
I saw a little bit of a bunch of racer snakes chasing an iguana hatchling, it was awesome. That little guy was hooking along, I love the way they run! spin.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index