! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Red dwarf - Page 1/4

Subject: Red dwarf
Replies: 22 Views: 1860
> »
yoji 5.01.11 - 10:57am
Always wondered if they intended this to get a cult status with a dedicated sci-fi following? Because i didnt find the first series funny. It didnt start getting funny til third series. Wasn't to say i didnt like the early episodes because i did. Anyway. Who followed red dwarf? Best and worst series? Etc. I just started buying em all again. Used to own every single episode on tape lol. * +

suesw 5.01.11 - 12:16pm
Couldn't stand the series without Rimmer and with the annoying bird * +

yoji 5.01.11 - 01:46pm
Thats series 7 and the bird is Kochanski..she's in the first episode and plays lister's love interest but all the crew get killed so you dont see her again properly til series 7. They replaced the original actor. What it is, rimmer's actor chris barrie didnt wanna do red dwarf because i think he was doing other work but he agreed to give the producers a limited period to cast him. With that they.. * +

yoji 5.01.11 - 01:50pm
..got 2 full episodes from him and he made appearances in 2 others.first two episodes were the curry hunt and the one where he becomes the next ace rimmer and thats how he leaves. They needed a 4th crew member and they get kochanski from a parallel universe by accident. I agree tho. Did miss rimmer in series 7 * +

suesw 5.01.11 - 03:08pm
The original Kochanski was played by Claire Grogan, lead singer with Altered Images. First series was pretty naff too but then so was the first series of Blackadder and look how successful that went on to be * +

yoji 5.01.11 - 05:03pm
Too right. Blackadder series one was awful. Rowan atkinson must hate watching himself then. I dont think she was awful as such, red dwarf was never suited for a female crew member. Its just how it panned out. Altho she helped broaden kryten's character more. Seeing his jealous side was good stuff. . Would say series 4,5,6 and parts of 7 were the best. 1 n 2 were average and series 3 * +

yoji 5.01.11 - 05:07pm
Was running on baby steps. Timeslides and polymorph were great episodes tho. Series 8 when they find red dwarf was utterly laughable. They should be ashamed for that. Rimmer was the only thing that made it good. Krytie tv was a joke. I cant watch that episode. Terrible beyond belief. And last years back to earth special was obviously a treat for fans but watching it now i can see its flaws. How * +

yoji 5.01.11 - 05:12pm
They've all aged. Got fat. Cat looks barely passable for fashion. Lister looks old fat n grey and his crack habit didnt help. Rimmer is receding and fat. Only kryten looks the same. Some funny moments obviously but without a laughter track it felt bland. In all honesty they should of ended it at series 6 because the last episode of series 6 was red dwarfs swan song * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search