! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Twilight 2 wtf! - Page 15/17

Subject: Twilight 2 wtf!
« <> »
zphaniah 29.09.09 - 11:22am
gummy bear anyone? * +

jimcssid 29.09.09 - 11:37am
Nah thanks * +

shadow27 29.09.09 - 02:47pm
Anne rice didn't wreck it. Basically the vampire has just been adapted to a new environment: the teen romance drama genre.. and obviously to have vampires that can go to high school you have to make them immune to sunlight etc and change stuff. It's a bit sad maybe.. but ppl will go back to the roots eventually. Bram stoker etc * +

shadow27 29.09.09 - 02:56pm
It's funny, i heard on the radio about the scores of women who have dumped their bfs after watching/reading the twilight series and feel they want something more.. hmm i find it most interesting. * +

jimcssid 29.09.09 - 03:04pm
Many arctypal creations have become idealised female fantasy representations such as the vampire, James Bond or Superman. This is not only unfortunate but in time will date the stories to a specific time and place: The early 21st century. It says more about the western worlds modern way of thinking than it does about this eras ability to create fiction that will eventually be seen as timeless. * +

jimcssid 29.09.09 - 03:09pm
In my opinion Anne Rice created a set of unique, colourful and extremely well written stories. The downside is that the vampire is now almost completely humanised and this is being continually latched upon by, quite frankly, mediocre storytellers who do not posess the vision, depth or intelligence of Anne Rices creations. The vampire has been forced out of mans darkest impulses and brought into * +

jimcssid 29.09.09 - 03:13pm
the realm of the mundane under the idealised promise of eternal love. Even methuselah was not the master of time. I do not refer to whether storytellers use sunlight or cruxifixs etc..I refer to the core of what a vampire represents in fiction. Something which lowest common denominator storytelling fears to embrace. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-17
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index