! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

W995 Review - Page 1/1

Subject: W995 Review
Replies: 7 Views: 3324

kaewt 6.02.11 - 09:13am
Hello, I recently bought myself the Sony Erricson W995 and I thought it would be beneficial if I could voice my opinion regarding this phone and some of its features. 1. The phone is quite stylish, Sound is good but not exactly superior to cheaper Nokia Xpress music handsets. The headphones that comes with it are so comfortable but I never bother to carry them along. * +

kaewt 6.02.11 - 09:14am
The accelerometer that senses the way you shake it, I never use it except for maybe using the Stepcounter application that allows you to record how far you walk each day. Something I must point out is that these applications that utilise the built in special features like Wifi, GPS, Accelerometer severly drains the battery of the phone. You can improve the life of the battery by disabling 3G/HSDPA * +

kaewt 6.02.11 - 09:17am
You might find it difficult to get a pouch for this phone (for example putting it in your belt) because its a bit too thick for most cellphone holders. Again I want to say how short the battery lasts and not to mention the phone gets very hot after using it to access a WIFI network. The photos are not of very good quality UNTIL you adjust the settings from auto to fit the kind of enviro you are in * +

kaewt 6.02.11 - 09:19am
One really cool feature about this phone is that you can use it as a flash drive (Provided u take the cable along with u). Turn the phone off (this is important) then plug in the cable to the phone and connect it to the pc. Now slide up the phone's screen to activate flash drive mode. This way you don't need to install any drivers on your pc to be able to access the memory card on the phone. * +

kaewt 6.02.11 - 09:22am
A bad thing about this phone is that it doesn't have voice guided GPS like some Nokia phones do. Also my personal branded Vodacon firmware have disabled the wayfinder gps application and I am stuck with Google Maps on the phone. I can only use the gps with airtime and not without.. which is not so great. But there is a rather lengthy hack to download the google maps to your phone but 2 much effort * +

badass1 6.02.11 - 07:54pm
had mine for 2years.no probs wat so eva. * +

cchaos 6.02.11 - 11:22pm
A bad thing about this phone is that it doesn't have voice guided GPS - well excuse me but havent you heard of we-travel? Thats GPS navigation * +

pneo 27.12.11 - 04:12pm
ppl quit in tis is a cool fon if it aint wot u want sell it get a better fon one of those android or iOS shat fons *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 SonyEricsson Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search