! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Anyway to get better ping on cell c? - Page 1/1

Subject: Anyway to get better ping on cell c?
Replies: 7 Views: 2064

samir187 12.11.14 - 03:08pm
I know this is off topic but I'm used to this section and the knowledge of u guys so I play ps4 using a 3G modem (21mbps) hooked up to a zyxel wifi router but I'm using cable as its faster than wifi and the ping is very high on cell c (80ms) compared to 8ta (40ms) now that's a huge difference wen it comes to gaming.. So does any of u guru's know anyway? :) * +

samir187 12.11.14 - 03:10pm
By the way I'm on a contract with cell c before anyone says I should rather use 8ta... * +

ungers 9.12.14 - 05:16am
Yes, a router aint the right thing for speed....go to speedtest.net, with your router.....now put the same sim in a phone with wifi hotspot capabilities.....the phone will win....why?.....the router sends an extra packet called IPS, whereas the phone don't need to.....try, and tell me if I was right..... * +

ungers 9.12.14 - 05:22am
Ips stands for internet protocol status.....and since a phone 'locks' onto a network, the router gets slightly distracted by constantly checking its own status....a router aint a 'dedicated' device..... * +

ungers 9.12.14 - 05:32am
Same thing with Adsl....if u don't ask for a 'dedicated' line, ur wasting your money, most providers won't even mention the word....and its just a few cents more for a dedicated line......phone, and ask about it......they sell your speed to up to 50 other clients.....Take your current speed that u pay for, divide it by 8...that is your download speed...not nice of them, but within the law, .doesn't make sense?...trust me, it does.... * +

ungers 9.12.14 - 05:42am
Also, ask them what 30 to one, or 50 to one means.....they will stammer a bit.....they don't like that kind of questions.....in short, your 4mb/s line aint 4mb/s...but they want u to believe ur getting a good deal from them....good luck.... * +

samir187 21.12.14 - 06:30pm
Thanks for the replies my man ungers, the thing is I have a s**tty blackberry 9300. Do u perhaps know how to get a connection straight from my pc to ps4 via the Lan cable? It says somewhere on google that I must share my network on my pc I've tried but I don't think I did it correctly. It would be highly appreciated if u could help me with that * +

ungers 22.12.14 - 08:22am
Samir, I'm not up to speed with the playstations.....as for the lan issue, google to see if u can get info on your ps4, and how to do it.... *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search