! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

flashing help - Page 1/3

Subject: flashing help
Replies: 18 Views: 1207
> »
dorian2k 6.09.13 - 03:31am
Hey guys I'm I have a blackberry storm 2 and would like to know how to flash it please. I've searched Google but two many different tutorials and i don't wanna brick my phone * +

ungers 6.09.13 - 06:47am
Google for berryshout, download your firmware. Google for bbsak and desktop manager. Download both. Install all software. Search for vendor.xml, and DELETE it. Then wipe your phone with bbsak. After that, open desktop manager....it will prompt you to install the new phone firmware.....enjoy!.....(look for the latest firmware on berryshout)..... * +

ungers 6.09.13 - 06:51am
Ps, you need dotnet 3.5 or higher to be installed on your computer for desktop manager. It can be found at Softpedia or 4shared...... * +

dorian2k 6.09.13 - 07:19am
Ok thanks * +

charlin 9.09.13 - 12:26am
good day or evening all i know this is an old topic but i would like to try to install OSon my bb myself, just everytime i download from the blackberry site the download fails with 10mb to go, also what is dotnet 3.5 used for? an no special cables are needed to do this? * +

ungers 9.09.13 - 05:05am
Dotnet supplies 3 things....some source code, virtual machine, and it generate security keys for some apps like Desktop Manager.....No special cables needed, just the usb cable that came with your phone, or similar......I use my HTC cable, its longer in length, but it really doesn't matter......try using uc for large downloads whenever possible, otherwise try downloading when the traffic is low.... * +

charlin 9.09.13 - 05:17am
thanks buddy, can the OS be downloaded withour issueusing UC browser from berryshout as i get issues when downloading from the blackberry site * +

ungers 9.09.13 - 05:28am
Desktop manager is unfortunately not a full installer on its own, u gotta have dotnet pre-installed,(or be connected to the internet, but then it takes forever!) otherwise software security check will fail....not sure if Win7 has it already, I use xp....kinda like it more than win7.....dotnet belongs to Microsoft, so Rim borrows some components from it.....they are not allowed to publish it on the same cd as their own software..... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search