! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

BBM coming to android - Page 2/3

Subject: BBM coming to android
« <> »
phly_kid 14.05.13 - 11:07pm
... the new BBM v8. One can also argue that from BB point of view, I don't have to get an android phone or resort to whatsapp to communicate to my android friends, just get them to install BBM. Some are saying this new BBM move will kill whatsapp but its still early days. May I add that the new BBM for legacy devices looks super hot. It may seem like a dumb move for now but perhaps Blackberry know what they are doing. * +

samir187 15.05.13 - 01:18am
So other phones with bbm would have a internet service like bis also?no? * +

ungers 15.05.13 - 05:00am
Nope, only bbm...... * +

phly_kid 15.05.13 - 08:11am
But BIS is no more @samir. Only old legacy devices and when you are looking at them even to the company blackberry you are looking into the past. Upgrade to BB10 and you will notice things are different. They did away with BIS so that z10 and Q10 users can use data on their phones like every other phone. In SA however you get an incentive like say 200mb data to use a month. But BIS as you used to know it unlimited is not present for any new BB devices. Also data used by BBM is very small. * +

samir187 15.05.13 - 11:38am
Knew at some stage the b*stards will put an end to bis * +

samir187 15.05.13 - 11:40am
Its not even worth owning those bb10 devices without bis.. * +

phly_kid 15.05.13 - 01:28pm
Atleast it levels the playing field. you can go with whichever device you want even if its android and still get BBM if that is the only reason of sticking to blackberry. If net can get cheaper and wifi be available everywhere you wont even remember BIS. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index