! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

RIM to license out BB10 OS - Page 1/3

Subject: RIM to license out BB10 OS
Replies: 21 Views: 3697
> »
polo_011 14.08.12 - 10:45am
RIM CEO, Thorsten Heins has confirmed that RIM will license out BlackBerry 10 OS to other manufacturers and that the licensed OS is already going through final testing, he also confirmed that RIM will make its own BB10 devices that will hit the market early next year: http://is.gd/rpyC5N . Will be interesting to see which OEMs buy into BB10 with Android, and WP already having gained so much ground and support. Apparently Samsung are not interested, neither is Nokia as they are in bed with MS. Ma * +

polo_011 14.08.12 - 10:50am
Maybe Huawei? Sharp? ZTE? I doubt Sony will, they have invested everything into Android, Motorola are now owned by Google who make Android so thats a no go, it leaves RIM with some really not so well known OEMs, LG could be a potentialy good partner though, they are struggling with Android, but have powerful hardware, resources and economies of scale to do this, its going to be very interesting! daydream * +

rhyno50 14.08.12 - 11:00am
bugga, was hoping Samsung would sign up. * +

polo_011 14.08.12 - 11:30am
Same here, but they have flat out denied any interest in RIM (be it buying them or using their OS), being Samsung, they tend to stick to their word and are set in their ways so i guess its never going to happen, but LG are a good partner, they have the potential to make it work, they seem very skeptical about WP's future and maybe looking to get into another OS. * +

rhyno50 16.08.12 - 09:49am
i've never been a fan of LG, are the handsets good now, they used to be quite iffy, but that was years ago. * +

raymion 17.08.12 - 02:27pm
haha really! bb is 1 pointless phone with a huge ego at this moment, biggest brainwash since Steve Jobs said iPhone will be the best smart phone ever. Bbm is outdated step y'all game up, because everyone has whatsapp which is reliable, they need to pull the plug or go to Android.. (pls love ur phone until you all wakes lol) * +

polo_011 18.08.12 - 11:45am

@ rhyno50 - 16.08.12 - 09:49am
i've never been a fan of LG, are the handsets good now, they used to be quite iffy, but that was years ago.

In terms of hardware they are good, but software? They are awful, if RIM can make the OS and just throw it onto LG hardware without letting LG do any customizations it will be great. * +

socialco 19.08.12 - 02:37pm
well bb10 is going to kick iphone's a..s,mark my words.I don't like iphone and never will,in my eyes iphone is rather pointless * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search