! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

operating server help - Page 1/2

Subject: operating server help
Replies: 11 Views: 529
> »
stary266 15.04.12 - 06:29am
Hi there can someone please help me I bought a blackberry curve 8520 on prepaid with vodacom. I noticed that in the certificates section it says vodafone etc. Also when the phone starts up it has a vodacom logo on it and the vlive logo for web. when in put my mtn sim it works but refuses to go to mtn homepage and is giving trouble with internet can't download anything as it says error 404 forbidden file to large to download. How do I update the server to say Mtn instead of vodafone? I did a sof * +

stary266 15.04.12 - 06:32am
i did a software upgrade via desktoo with my mtn sim in but it didnt change anything * +

stary266 15.04.12 - 06:32am
i did a software upgrade via desktoo with my mtn sim in but it didnt change anything can someone please advise me plz im sorry * +

an0nymou 15.04.12 - 06:39am
Try n use ur network providers internet settings instead of wap..btw get a mobile browser..ucweb or opera mini * +

id0s 15.04.12 - 07:48am
No matter which sim you put in the phone,the vodaphone logo will always show on start up,no way to change that.as for your other prob,you first need to purchace Blackberry Internet Service(BIS) on your MTN simcard(costs R59),then they'll send you the service books.pull the battery out for a minute,place the bat back in the phone,let it start up then look in your menu for internet browser(not the vodafone logo,its an icon of the globe) * +

id0s 15.04.12 - 07:51am
From there,you can change the homepage as you see fit,don't use the vodafone web browser.and as a an0nymou said,you should rather get ucbrowser for downloading files larger than 3mb * +

stary266 15.04.12 - 12:01pm
hi there thanks so much for the replies. i cant seem to work with uc it downloaded fine but now its say cant estabkish connection to the internet: ( * +

stary266 15.04.12 - 12:03pm
hi there thanks so much for the replies. i cant seem to work with uc it downloaded fine but now its say cant establish connection to the internet:( with opera it simply doesnt download what i mean is the download stands at 052mb for 5mins then fails * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search