! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

2 Wheels... - Page 4/8

Subject: 2 Wheels...
« <> »
slpknot 11.11.07 - 02:50pm
Btw im 7000spks, i had to create another nick coz this bud list is full...Anyway how much do you knw bout bikes.? we'll try to help you out as much as we can...the key to riding is always respect ur bike and respect the road,if you jus be polite and are always willing to learn no matter how long ur riding for then ul be ok... * +

shash_zn 11.11.07 - 03:35pm
thanks bra lol i dnt know nothing about them. i would like to learn but i dnt know any1 who has a bike to teach me * +

mmmilly 11.11.07 - 10:33pm
moped am i allowed in here wit my vespa? It is a 125 if that gets me an ounce more cred.. pmpl * +

slpknot 11.11.07 - 11:20pm
lol...the topic is 2 wheels,mopeds and all are welcome...dude the very 1st thing you must do is learn to ride a bicycle,once you got that ur already halfway there,balance is the key,once it comes naturally then ur set...after you get ur balance rite you jus need to get used to the controls.it'll take you a day max to learn the controls,if you knw how to drive a manual car then all you hav to do is transfer ur knowledge to the different controls * +

slpknot 11.11.07 - 11:24pm
ok the basics you need to knw bout the controls of a bike...you probably knw that the throttle is the right handlebar, the front brake is the right lever where the brake of a bicycle is, the left lever is the clutch, infront of ur right footpeg is the rear brake and infront of ur left footpeg is the gears... * +

slpknot 11.11.07 - 11:28pm
ok now the gears aren't like your typical car gears,you hav 1st gear right at the bottom,that means if you pull in the clutch and kick the gear lever by ur foot all the way down ul be in 1st...then just above 1st gear,b4 2nd is neutral...if the bike is stationary is generally won't go into 2nd if you move the gear up,it'll just go into neutral...once the bike is moving if you move the gear up it'll slot into 2nd...it all depends on the bike * +

slpknot 11.11.07 - 11:32pm
some bikes will jus slot into 2nd while ur moving, some bikes need a bit of a harder kick to get pushed into gear...after that all other gears are in accending order, like 3rd,4th,5th,6th...etc...jus depends how many gears ur bike has...as a beginner thats all you need to knw,dnt worry bout counter steering and all of that jus yet but as i said if you knw how to ride a bicycle all of that will come naturally... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index