! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Honda civic type r - Page 4/11

Subject: Honda civic type r
« <> »
wettoast 26.09.15 - 12:40am
its obviously been cruising on a motorway though. you got the 100k miles syndrome like a lot of people lol * +

spartan2 26.09.15 - 09:00pm
How has it obviously been cruising on the motorway? It's a hot hatch, it's obviously been thrashed fairly often not driven by a grandma to see her ninety year old sister down the M5 every weekend to rack up those miles. It's probably averaged 17k miles a year? That's well over 300 miles a week. Newsflash, that's a lot unless it's been meticulously cared for.

You checked it over, HPi checked it, and it has a s**t load of paper history with it, I assume....My ST had everything and had less than half those miles in a longer time period. If it doesn't then walk, it's the only sensible option with cars like that. * +

spartan2 26.09.15 - 09:08pm

@ underbelly - 25.09.15 - 09:15pm
Ep3 r expensive though 30to50 thousand miles r like 7to8 grand. I'd go for the ep3 05to06 with em sort of mileage but I wud still buy an fn2 just cuz I like the way they look put a slip differential on it n it will b ok.

EP3's aren't that expensive. But adding an L.S.D to a Type R that doesn't have one from the factory would be the best part of a grand. They are a nice addition for sure, but it's not like the Type R has much torque in the first place * +

esski 27.09.15 - 12:42pm

@ spartan2 - 26.09.15 - 09:08pm
EP3's aren't that expensive. But adding an L.S.D to a Type R that doesn't have one from the factory would be the best part of a grand. They are a nice addition for sure, but it's not like the Type R has much torque in the first place

Look on pistonheads or autotrader and that's the price a decent ep3 goes for. * +

wettoast 27.09.15 - 01:01pm

@ spartan2 - 26.09.15 - 09:00pm
How has it obviously been cruising on the motorway? It's a hot hatch, it's obviously been thrashed fairly often not driven by a grandma to see her ninety year old sister down the M5 every weekend to rack up those miles. It's probably averaged 17k miles a year? That's well over 300 miles a week. Newsflash, that's a lot unless it's been meticulously cared for.

You checked it over, HPi checked it, and it has a s**t load of paper history with it, I assume....My ST had everything and had less than half those miles in a longer time period. If it doesn't then walk, it's the only sensible option with cars like that.

I'm sure you thrash yours everywhere then? I know someone with a ep3 that never hits vtec. Your volvo engine is pr*ne to head gasket failure around 100k or cambelt lol * +

spartan2 27.09.15 - 08:51pm

@ wettoast - 27.09.15 - 01:01pm
I'm sure you thrash yours everywhere then? I know someone with a ep3 that never hits vtec. Your volvo engine is pr*ne to head gasket failure around 100k or cambelt lol

Do I thrash the fun cars I have owned fairly often? Hell yeah I do! Otherwise what's the point! Everyone that owns a car like that does, now and again. If they say otherwise they are lying. A 2.5T ST has a 125k cambelt interval which is very long. * +

spartan2 27.09.15 - 08:56pm

@ esski - 27.09.15 - 12:42pm
Look on pistonheads or autotrader and that's the price a decent ep3 goes for.

What like this..........? [LINK]http://goo.gl/B5WSCC[/LINK]

It probably won't be covered in stone chips on the nose either like an FN2 lol.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index