! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

audi S3 far too fast - Page 1/2

Subject: audi S3 far too fast
Replies: 10 Views: 3525
> »
bobdylan 8.12.14 - 12:47pm
Soooo my pal works off shore just bought him self a brand spanking new Audi S3 , knowing I'm a petrol head could wait to take me out in it . It's a piece of kit alright .
Think they gone for a smaller turbo charged engine with the new one such is the way these days with emissions. But it's by no means slower , in fact JESUS ITS FAST ! Safe to say he scared the bejesus out of me , the thing just goes !
Now I'm in a Toyota aygo now so I don't do fast , but I had the TVR tamora before that and the tvr was 350bhp ish and about 1000kgs so similar weight to power to a lambo Gallardo .... On paper the tvr eats the Audi up ...but on paper lies ! In the real world the tvr couldn't possibly hold a hope against this Audi . It's limits are off the chart .
It's just point n squ*rt and the car just goes , no squirm no screach just computer game surreal acceleration .
Same with the bends just turn and round it goes .
He left me with a real dilemma... I love cars but .... Are they two fast ? * +

bobdylan 8.12.14 - 12:48pm
I mean the tvr would move dance slide you really had to dance with the devil to make the thing go .
This ... Your granny could jump in and Fk off like a bar out of hell * +

bobdylan 8.12.14 - 12:50pm
It kinda ruins it .
There was no skill involved what so ever , nor any involvement .
The car was nice ..... But I wouldn't have one given !!!!

I said to him be careful because u will kill your self in that thing
* +

bobdylan 8.12.14 - 01:06pm
Two weeks he had it ..... 90.degree right 4 in the morning 20mph zone ..... Mounted kerb 20 ft of grass side ways into wall barrel rolled two !!!! Garden's ended upside down in the third . So that's that then , dumb current was twice over the limit so safe to say he's license is gone and would not be surprised that he's insurance is void . Lol 30 grand car .... Turn into 30 grand to rent a car for two weeks . * +

bobdylan 8.12.14 - 01:16pm
But drink driving aside it was only a matter of time because the car was too fast , problem with these new modern cars is once you exceed these limits it's not a case of oooh bit of opposite lock will sort this out .... Erm no !
mass and momentum dispite the best intentions of 4x4 Quattro hicas raliart gtr wrx traction controls intentions will not save you from your booboo .
In fact I youtubed the ring crash collection of track day crashes round there and it scary how many fast fast cars crash and give zero warning and zero time to correct .
* +

spartan2 15.12.14 - 12:26am
It's not that fast, you're just old. I drove a Golf R which is basically the same thing, thought it was really good and would be a great car to own but it's still not immensely fast. It probably can't beat a Leon 280 or Megane Trophy for thrills. It's the 4WD that makes it sure footed in poor conditions.

Most recent thing I drove I was impressed with was a BMW 335i that had relatively minor mods on it. It had about 400bhp and 420lb/ft torque. It was quite fast off the line, but the midrange punch was outstanding. Faster than the V8 M3 up to a point, at least in a straight line. Quite fancy one now.

It was a 5 door M sport. The Coupe undeniably looks better, but the 5 door is just the most practical thing and a real stealth bullet. They aren't even that expensive now either. Maybe I'm old now too as the practicality sorta clinched it for me lol * +

spartan2 15.12.14 - 12:37am
The other thing I liked was the B8 S4 which has the supercharged 3 litre V6. This is a special thing because you can literally plug a computer into it, and a few seconds later you have over 400bhp. No other changes to the car at all, nothing.

It's virtually as fast as the RS4 that it makes no difference, by the time the RS4 pulls ahead you would both be long in jail for doubling the motorway speed limit lol.gif

Performance bargain then, but when you drive the BMW after the S4, you realise how much better the BMW's chassis is. The 4WD numbs the Audi a fair bit. It's probably better now in the winter and safer like you have talked about, but the BMW rules the summer. * +

asurreym 15.12.14 - 12:33pm
My mates rs4 got keyed all down one side by a jealous idiot one week after he got it lol he was not a happy bunny * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search